GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Recommendation for GR3 accessories

Pepe

Hello,

I just ordered a Ricoh GR3 today and will receive it sometime next week.

From reading many blogs and watching many videos about the Ricoh GR3 and the other Ricoh GR cameras I have reached the conclusion that apart one or two extra batteries, I may need to purchase some accessories to protect the lens and also reduce as much as possible the possibility of dust to get to the sensor.

Which among these two would you recommend and why?

1) Ricoh Lens Adapter GA-1 + JJC Multi-Coated UV Filter for Ricoh GR III

or the

2) JJC Lens Cap for Ricoh GR III

Maybe there are some alternatives to these products?

Thank you very much

Hi Pepe,

except for extra batteries and a leather case, I do not use any accessories.

I never had dust issues with my Ricoh GRs. But I do never squeeze them in my jeans pockets. It is always a question how you treat your cameras Z04 Nic 0075

I always put my GRs in a cheap leather pouch I bought in China. I am not a fan of the 2 official Ricoh leather cases, because one is easily loosing the cover and the other one does not cover fully the camera, in case it is raining or windy on a beach.

The main point to user Ricoh GR cameras is in my view to have a very small pocket camera always with me without the need to add something or exchange lenses. No lens cover, no extra camera bags like for the Fuji X100V or ILC. Just the camera itself.

ah, actually I have another "accessory". A coloured wrist strap to be able to recognize whether it is the Ricoh GR3 or GR3x. I showed them here:

Hi Pepe,

except for extra batteries and a leather case, I do not use any accessories.

I never had dust issues with my Ricoh GRs. But I do never squeeze them in my jeans pockets. It is always a question how you treat your cameras Z04 Nic 0075

I always put my GRs in a cheap leather pouch I bought in China. I am not a fan of the 2 official Ricoh leather cases, because one is easily loosing the cover and the other one does not cover fully the camera, in case it is raining or windy on a beach.

The main point to user Ricoh GR cameras is in my view to have a very small pocket camera always with me without the need to add something or exchange lenses. No lens cover, no extra camera bags like for the Fuji X100V or ILC. Just the camera itself.

ah, actually I have another "accessory". A coloured wrist strap to be able to recognize whether it is the Ricoh GR3 or GR3x. I showed them here:

Thank you very much for helping!

I’ve been enjoying my griiix for a few months now. Coming from fujifilm x100f which was packed with the squarehood, thumbgrip, batteries, extra fast sd cards etc. …and which got stolen it was tough to consider the camera itself. But, after buying the NISI adapter and uv filter and then the thumb grip and then the lens hood…no not the squarehood yet, and now the lumix optical viewfinder… here are my thoughts.
It’s all useless. The Gr is a simple camera and I need to keep it that way. Keep it pocketable. So just get a lenscover and put it in your pocket. It even makes me keep the iPhone out of my pocket which I love because I’m addicted to the iPhone. So it’s back to taking photos only.
And… the Chinese leather case you mention or similar if not putting it into my pocket.. oh and dust... Dust? Shake it off with the gr mechanism itself or with the electric toothbrush. The Gr is a delicate camera. So you have to take care of it. But putting on too many accessories just spoils the fun. Or so I feel.
I’ll attach some photos. They make it look mature but it’s like transforming a little fast sailing ship into an ocean liner or slow and heavy motor boat at least.

4D8DC283-653B-41BC-8FB6-D198FAAC25C8.jpeg
  • Apple - iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 back dual wide camera 4.2mm f/1.6
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 250

A26D2051-B59E-4BFC-823A-FD5D801C79C4.jpeg
  • Apple - iPhone 12
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

27E9ED81-D793-4A8D-B87F-B2EDFF3483A1.jpeg
  • Apple - iPhone 12
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

157E0510-FFF3-46CC-8397-C3E2034E262E.jpeg
  • Apple - iPhone 12
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/65 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 125

I currently have a spare battery, JJC lens cover and LCD screen protector. I also have Ruggard Lyra 40 nylon case for when I have the camera in my backpack or briefcase for protection. That's it.

I tried a leather half case, but did not like the extra bulk.

In addition to the batteries, I bought soft, microfiber cloth pouches to carry the GR in my coat pocket. They can also be used to clean filters.

MagicFiber Microfiber Camera Lens Pouches (3 Pack) Ultra Soft Bags​

@photoanalyticatelier

I totally agree. Keep it simple and use the Ricoh GR for what it was designed for.

I use my small leather pouch only if I want to have the Ricoh GR all day on my belt or if I carry it all the time in my hand. Then it is more comfortable, especially if it is very hot outside.

The leather pouch is so small, only the Ricoh GR fits in.

IMG_20220812_105804.jpg

IMG_20220812_105833.jpg

IMG_20220812_105855.jpg

IMG_20220812_134331.jpg

IMG_20220812_134540.jpg

Hello,

I just ordered a Ricoh GR3 today and will receive it sometime next week.

From reading many blogs and watching many videos about the Ricoh GR3 and the other Ricoh GR cameras I have reached the conclusion that apart one or two extra batteries, I may need to purchase some accessories to protect the lens and also reduce as much as possible the possibility of dust to get to the sensor.

Which among these two would you recommend and why?

1) Ricoh Lens Adapter GA-1 + JJC Multi-Coated UV Filter for Ricoh GR III

or the

2) JJC Lens Cap for Ricoh GR III

Maybe there are some alternatives to these products?

Thank you very much
Hi,
I have both. I have ordered another Len’s cap for my GRiiiX, but not another filter (that might guve you a hint). I also picked up a ricoh “as new“ GA-1 lens adapter which takes standard 49mm filters at the top of it and I have a 49mm ND and a Polariser already so should be able to post a review of which basis is best. Also picked up some laser printed hoods for Eur 14 on eBay (a French guy makes them) when I get them will also do a review the hood only fits on the camera in place of the ring so will be good with the JJC filter but not the adapter. Stay tuned for reviews in a couple of weeks!

@photoanalyticatelier

I totally agree. Keep it simple and use the Ricoh GR for what it was designed for.

I use my small leather pouch only if I want to have the Ricoh GR all day on my belt or if I carry it all the time in my hand. Then it is more comfortable, especially if it is very hot outside.

The leather pouch is so small, only the Ricoh GR fits in.

View attachment 164

View attachment 165

View attachment 166

View attachment 167

View attachment 169
Nice Dirk where did you get the wrist straps? Mine have so far the only accessory I need see pic……

Attachments

• AABF6A4D-F24F-49EE-ABFA-D6E7E752E6B9.jpeg
    EXIF
    AABF6A4D-F24F-49EE-ABFA-D6E7E752E6B9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Nice Dirk where did you get the wrist straps?
I think it was ebay. I habe to search for the link. Will post it later on.

I needed 2 different colours to be able to see in which leather pouch is which GR. Makes it faster to pick the right focal length for a snapshot while travelling.

Back