GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

August 07 - theme "no theme"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only had my GX100 for about a month, This is my favourite so far.

Jez

Attachments

• face.jpg
    EXIF
    face.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 1,546
Here's my entry. A nice slightly foggy early morning at the beach. Taken while walking the dogs, exactly the sort of photo I would miss without a small, easily carried camera like the GX100.

Attachments

• EXIF
    Ross_Alford_Castle_early_morning_with_clouds.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,595
Greetings!

I am a first time poster here.

This was shot using a GR-D, with the 21mm conversion lens.

The location is Tokyo (Akihabara).

Cheers,
G.

Attachments

• EXIF
    Akihabara-ikasumi.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 1,303
Nice pics everyone! If there will be similar pics every month, then people will have some hard time to select best one ;)

ok...this is my entry..."in for a penny........in for a pound!" as we say over here!....(bites finger nails!)

Attachments

• mhdahlia.jpg
    EXIF
    mhdahlia.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,438
Thank goodness the theme is no theme, out of all the snaps I took with my GRD this month, the one of my brother's cat somehow came out on top! Cheers for the new forum btw.

Attachments

• EXIF
    HelloThere.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 1,285
It says alot about how exciting my photographs are when my kids picked this as their favourite from a recent trip to Niagara Falls.

Attachments

• EXIF
    photo 030sm.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 1,572
camping last week. shot standing up inside my tent, looking up at the mesh top, these daddy-longlegs (aka harvestmen) were on the outside of the top and under the rain fly. there were at least 40 of them at any given time. good thing they are not spiders, because i really really hate spiders!

Attachments

• R0012096.jpg
    EXIF
    R0012096.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,555
looks like its a mad rush at the end.....how will the winner be decided?....when will we know how we all did?....what will septembers theme be?....questions questions questions....ARGH!

The idea of selecting the winner is that this contest thread will be closed at midnight (CET) 31st August and there will be created new thread with public poll and all contest images in one post. People will be able to see all images at one page and select the one, which they like best. The voting thread will be active for next 3 days. The only problem I see in possible low number of voters? So in case of too low number of votes I reserve the right to select the winner myself. At least for first few contests?

The September contest theme will be announced on 31st August, right after closing the August contest ;)

I have to say i'm sad for the tardy cows i posted early on in the piece that didn't qualify, but glad cause i like this pic too...
also I want to tell you about http://pixelmator.com/ which is in private beta and was used to make this pic.
(this is the first real candidate to give Adobe a bit of a wake up, and well worth supporting - if you are on the mac)
This is Subiaco in Western Australia, looking over the car park (sign) that has cost me $hundreds so far this year, to the lights of a well positioned rainbow and the lights of the Subiaco Football Oval...

Attachments

• Lambert20070829_0011939.jpg
    EXIF
    Lambert20070829_0011939.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 1,310
odklizec":3b1f2 said:
The only problem I see in possible low number of voters? So in case of too low number of votes I reserve the right to select the winner myself. At least for first few contests?

I don't know, if this was mentioned, but to get a better "signal to noise ratio", every user, who is posting a picture should not be able to vote for his own picture. Then you get a realistic voting.
If the user is allowed to vote for his one and everyone votes for the own picture, there will be an offset of one vote but on each picture. In case, there are 30 pictures postet, you have 30 votes less within the votes that are really deciding.
The worth case would be if everyone in the forum is posting a picture and voting for it. Then everyone gets only one point :shock:

Yes Kamil, I'm aware of that problem. But at the moment, there are only 100 members on this forum and most of them are just viewers. So all I can do now is to believe the people ;) The contests will be held periodically each month and there will be also some short-term contests. So I'm sure, everyone will have a good chance to win. In case of problems, I can always select the winner myself. Or I can create a jury from let's say 10 most active posters, who will have the right to select the winner? And to prevent voting for their own pics, they will have to post their vote and reason of vote publicly. But I think we can start with public voting and then we will see how it will work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back