GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

August 07 - theme "no theme"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are started this site, what about celebrating grand opening with first Ricohforum contest?

Theme:
Let's start with "no" theme ;) Simply post anything good enough for contest. The only limitation is it must be taken with Ricoh camera and it must fit the below rules.

Rules:
You may post one photo right in reply to this post.
Posted photo must be taken within the contest month, so in case of this contest, August 2007.
The max size of photo is limited to 1024x768 and the file must contain EXIF!
And of course, the posted photo must be taken with Ricoh digital camera (whichever you use)!
The deadline for posting contest photos is 31.8.2007 at 12PM forum time

Here you can learn how to upload the photos right in forum post...
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=56

Awards:
The first place (chosen by forumers via poll early next month) will be awarded by Mediachance software according of winner's choice. For this month I can provide Dynamic Photo HDR, PhotoBrush, DCE AutoEnhance or Pure Image NR.

Ok, this is really great. My company will post a prize for the first winner if this is acceptable - a filter to fit (eg. 43mm for the GX100) from any commonly available in the UK (circular polarisers are good and usually the most expensive!)- posted anywhere in the world - I'm entering too, so i hope I win!!

Good luck

Martin
Cutting Technologies

Thanks Martin! So we can probably have two winning places? The winner with more points will be able to choose between sw or filter and the second winner will get the other prize. Once again thanks!

Hi, first of all thanks for holding such a contest.

May be it is useful if you post some sample photos so that everyone knows the topic better.

thanks

Gaz

OK, maybe we should start with something simpler? I think this half-month contest will be nice also without theme? Just post anything you think might be worth of contest.

Hi,

I think this is a great idea and a good way to encourage photographers to post interesting shots.
I think (depending on the entries) it has potential to grow into something special.

So when is the deadline gonna be?

and while i'm at it, how does one post a photo on here anyhow?
(sorry! just trying out the colour palate...)

all the best

Snap Happy

I've just updated the contest rules ;) The deadline for posting contest photos is 31.8.2007 at 00:00 UTC. Yes, it's short time for "monthly" contest, but I believe, many of you (if not all) carry your cameras always with you? So it should not be a problem to take one nice picture and post it here before end of month? ;)

Next month will be started another contest, but this time, with properly announced theme!

Here you can learn how to upload the photos right in forum post...
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=56

(your restrictions on size are 768 wide by 1024 high...maybe the other way round would be better for computer screens)
ok, here's one....
a heard of sacred cows in nz.... demonstrating the need for more shady trees.

Attachments

• lambert20070220_0010553.jpg
    EXIF
    lambert20070220_0010553.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 2,585
Here's my entry ... My nephew was playing in a tree house but became camera shy and grumpy when I wanted to take a picture. Caught in snap mode. Hmmm ... got a 50% chance of winning at the moment :)

Attachments

• EXIF
    N0708_060.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,619
Hi odklizec
I note you're a Red Dwarf fan... good for you. I am too. Just love Rimmer.
Now I'm an old bloke in my 60's, so I'm not as flash as I used to be.
My problem is that when I tried to enter the contest, I uploaded an image (I think) but that was it... no name or any other details were asked for. The image just disappeared into the nether?
Where did the image go?
I can't find it or any other contest submissions?
Is it me or is the contest entry a bit tricky?
Cheers mate and good luck,
Tony L

Hi Tony,

Here is a description how to attach the images..
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=56&p=99#p99

I think you probably forgot to press the "Place Inline" when the image is uploaded?

As for RedDwarf, yes, I'm a big fan! There is also another RD fan on this forum with nickname "marky". Poor bloke this Rimmer ;) BTW, did you listen to the RD audiobooks? They are great! But get the one performed by Chris Barrie.

Here is my contribution. I have to mention, that it is not taken within the contest month, but as I see in the EXIF, the first posted picture from lambsporriegetta in this contest is also a few months old. I think, this particular rule that the contest pictures have to be taken within the contest month is quite limiting for the participants and also for the admin concerning the choice of contest topics in the following months.

Edit: I just removed the picture. (see post below)

that's twice in only a few days that i've been caught out for not reading posts properly, i'm putting it down to my being more a pictures man than a wordsmith!
this being the case, sincere apologies to all. I would like to formally ask to not have that image considered as it doesn't qualify due to it being taken back in march-ish.
do i get to submit another? :)

Leave it as is or replace it with another if you wish ;) Although I don't think that this rule about "posting only the images taken during the contest month" is limiting, the contest was started late so I believe we can alter this rule for this month. But next month will be started with this rule again! Personally, I think it's very good rule, because people have to post their latest works and have to do their best with each push of the shutter. It's relative easy to grab and post something from archive. But it's a bit challenging to post something new and competeable every month.

I agree that it's better to restrict it to the current month. more fun.
(i might have been a little too keen to get it started!)
i'll get out there and crack on with the challenge as i'm sure everyone else read the first post properly and immediately excluded archive pics from consideration....
what a smeg head! :)

I call this image "Peeved Princess" and it's funny that two of the entries feature truculent children!

Thanks Les

Attachments

• frankie.jpg
    EXIF
    frankie.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,293
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back