GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Your GXR lens mount lenses wishlist? ;)

JadeIceGreen":yda252cl said:
odklizec":yda252cl said:
Support of new, faster and higher capacity SD cards is another reason, including the direct support for eye-fi wifi SD cards also introduced in CX5. And of course, there is a room for button layout redesign. I guess there is not many people using Direct button, just because of very odd button placement. The same apply for LCD/EVF button. And I definitely hope they will replace the ON/OFF switch with more common button ;)

I love the GXR and would not want to go back to a dslr, but I do miss the speed of a dslr's AF. On a side note, I do wish Ricoh makes a prime lens that equates to the focal length of 80-100mm. I have been using the GXR for simple model shoots and that focal length will be awesome.

I agree a lens of equivalent 100mm with macro added would be super.

I don't agree with Direct button, I find that innovative! All the major settings easily seen in one screen, I like that. Also on-off switch, much better than a button for me.

ZDP-189":355ta3bp said:
I want to shoot my 12 or 15mm lenses on a digital mount (with as big a sensor as possible), but I can't stretch to a M9 and they won't fit on a m4/3 camera. Literally, they won't fit in the hole even with an adapter.

I'm unclear on this - I have a Panasonic Lumix G1 with a Voigtlander M-to-4/3 converter, and I've been using the CV 15 lens on it. Maybe you mean another type of 15? AFIK, there's not much problem with fitting most M mount lenses on the micro 4/3.

I've just joined the GXR club and am waiting for my new tool. However, I have been using and am a big fan of the GRD III so I've been pouring over the forums here to gain as much info and insight into the GXR system.

My new GXR purchase includes of course the body and A12 28mm module and hood along with the VF-2 and an extra battery.

I've scoured the Camera Quest website and have come to the conclusion now that my GXR is on its way I better get a M module on pre-order or I probably won't see one for a long time.

Having said all that I think my first lens for the M module would be the Voigtlander 35mm 1.4 in black. Probably the MC version.

The next lens I'd look at would be the Voigtlander 50/1.5 Aspherical Nokton for portraiture photos.

I agree about the Voitglander Nokton 35mm f1.4 ... it was my choice as well as first lens to use on the M module but is sold out almost everywhere in UK - and also in most of the main shops in Japan. I managed to find one used on ebay last week (only 9 months old, multi coated, in excellent conditions and with the LH-6 hood) and bought it straight away. It is now sitting here, on my desk, waiting for the M module..... looking forwad to using it!

widmerpool":27o72skp said:
Do any of you more technical types know if a Contax G to M adapter is possible, or is there some reason why not.
There is no adapter for G lenses on M cameras, the G lenses are autofocus, and the only way to use it on a M mount is to send them for modification in Japan, where a workshop is able to do the convertion.
you can have a look at www.japanexposures.com

Are you sure? There is an adapter from Contax G to 4/3. They focus with a special adapter ring. Is the question if there is a possibility to connect a 4/3 to M?

Rainer

My first post here. The MS optical 28mm F4 Tpirlet (spelling mistake!) weighing only 70 odd grams

DSC_7089.jpg

DSC_7091.jpg

Considering the lens wish for GXR m-mount we`re so fortunate that there`s an aboundance of screw mount glass around. German, russian, japanese, dutch, italian, you name it. For the portraiture any normal will do, be it for rangefinder or slr type with adapter. The problem starts with wide angle range. But, here comes Cosina with their wonderful 12/5.6 and 15/4.5. I miss only a 10mm (15mm eqv.) but thats it. Keep it G, keep it small. That`s an idea of GXR. I hear Fuji`s coming with 10-18 zoom but alas for their X-E1 and X-Pro cams. Doesn`t matter. What we have is already wonderful. There`s Lensbaby too, so let`s baby our lenses shooting our dreams.

*Dutch* LTM screw mount lenses?

I'm Dutch myself, but I don't know any. The Netherlands is (still) big in water and ship engineering, but not in optics...

Haha Katsunami, I got you! Here you have something to dream about. Maybe pictures of tulips and windmill taken with them will have unique " dutch look" ;) .

Attachments

• 140-1.jpg
    EXIF
    140-1.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 762
  • 4751140038_f748b19ba9.jpg
    EXIF
    4751140038_f748b19ba9.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 761
  • 140.jpg
    EXIF
    140.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 760
  • images.jpg
    EXIF
    images.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 763
Yes, you got me there.

Never knew of these lenses or the manufacturer. The big 50 is f/0.75, just 0.05 short of Zeiss's fastest 50mm f/0.7 ever. Impressive.

Hejho! It would be good enough for Ricoh to make a new m-mount with updated 16MP sensor, be it sony or fuji, with improved high ISO. I have m-unit which is more than O.K. for my photographic ability but still I wouldn`t mind to be able to shot VC 15/4.5 at full aperture and 1/125sec in nighttime. That would say, something reasonably clean at 3200 ISO. That`s my two cents. Stanis

Hejho! It would be good enough for Ricoh to make a new m-mount with updated 16MP sensor, be it sony or fuji, with improved high ISO. I have m-unit which is more than O.K. for my photographic ability but still I wouldn`t mind to be able to shot VC 15/4.5 at full aperture and 1/125sec in nighttime. That would say, something reasonably clean at 3200 ISO. That`s my two cents. Stanis

Oh la la. I forgot to add some french and italian leses to put on GXR. I heard that Pamigon is a quite expensive optical body cap in style with olympus 15/8. By the way it would be interesting to pry the Olys optical cell out and see how it performs on APS-S. Heavy vignetting I guess.

1. Samyang fish-eye 8/2.8
2. Fuji 14/2.8
3. Fuji 10-24/4
4. Fuji 18/2
All Fujis no AF, all mechanical, as compact as possible.

Back