GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Wireless flash trigger for GF-1 & GXR

DiZegna

Hi all,

for those who are interested I have just bought new GF-1 flash from ebay for $99. I was looking for a way, how to trigger the flash wirelessly. Finaly I bought again from ebay "16 Channels Radio Wireless Remote Speedlite Flash Trigger Universal UK" for 6.30 GBP and IT WORKS :)

The flash must be switched for manual mode (not TTL) and for automatic regime (not slave one or slave two). The transmitter is plugged into camera's hot shoe. Only one thing is strange, that in all camera modes (A, S, P, M, scenes, MY1-3) the camera indicate on display, that no flash is connected! And there is NO way to switch it ON. I was looking into menu and when the internal flash isn't poped up or GF-1 is plugged directly, there is no possibility to set the flash to any specific mode (ON, fill in, red eye...). Camera doesn't indicate the trigger as external flash :(

So even on camera display is flash icon as dissabled, the flash WAS fired :)

I am waiting also for off camera cord from ebay called "Universal TTL Off-Camera Flash Sync Cord MQ-M18 fr Canon Nikon Olympus Pentax". I will report lately if its work.

I know, that GXR is at the end of its life cycle, but I really love this camera for its picture quality, high iso performance and its small size.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1051...s/6059723808197582561?authkey=CNODkeyhkeOhhwE

QUESTION for photographers:
1) Does any of you have experience with HAMA flash http://www.hama.cz/adapter-k-blesku-1/
2) Does any of you have experience if the Ricoh GF-1 flash works on Sigma DP Merrill?
3) Does any of you have experience with Yongnuo YN-560?
4) Does any of you tried two external flashes with GXR camera?

Thanks, Kamil

Thanks for this tecnical topic
i can't answer at that you ask,but i think :
_all devices run on with the center flash contact if other pins contact are off line !
_off line other pins is necessary by cause they are dedicated at Ricoh system flash only!
_it's dangerous try to connect external devices,we can broke the camera for one second.

regards

Back