GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

What is the best CX?

Genster

On www.photographyblog.com scoring the CX1, CX 2 and CX3 highly recommended and the CX4 and CX5 "just" recommended. Are the CX1, 2 and 3 better camera's?
I also saw a used Caplio R7. Can anyone tell me something about (the quality of) this camera?

(addition) What is the best CX?

Used R7 = € 50,--
New CX1 = € 199,-
New CX2 = € 139,-
New CX3 = € 170,-
New CX4 = € 205,-
New CX5 = € 229,-
What is "the best buy"?
Can anyone give me some advise?

I would definitely avoid CX1. It's first of its kind, somewhat slow and buggy. CX2 is better, but still not as good as CX3, mainly because of too aggressive NR. I would personally select between the CX3, 4 and 5. When it comes to image quality, there is not much difference between these three cameras. The CX4 brings significantly improved IS that really makes a difference. Main CX5 change is reintroduction of phase detection focus. It's nice to have feature, especially at telephoto distance. But it sometimes miss the focus completely ;) Maybe you should wait a month or so? The CX6 is most probably behind the next door and the prices of previous CX cameras will surely drop again.

odklizec":1hx58mgs said:
I would definitely avoid CX1. It's first of its kind, somewhat slow and buggy. CX2 is better, but still not as good as CX3, mainly because of too aggressive NR. I would personally select between the CX3, 4 and 5. When it comes to image quality, there is not much difference between these three cameras. The CX4 brings significantly improved IS that really makes a difference. Main CX5 change is reintroduction of phase detection focus. It's nice to have feature, especially at telephoto distance. But it sometimes miss the focus completely ;) Maybe you should wait a month or so? The CX6 is most probably behind the next door and the prices of previous CX cameras will surely drop again.

Thanks for your advice Pavel, I think I can wait a couple of months :D

Back