GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

What do you use if its not a Ricoh GR?

I have a GR Digital III (those with the small sensor), a GR (the first version 16mpx), and a GXR with the M-mount module (which I like a lot). I use also films cameras (rolleiflex, bronica, pinhole).

Hej. My name is Stanislaw Witold Zolczynski known on Ricohforum as Riccadonna.
I had a long story with Ricoh starting with GXR A28 then A50macro module and as they came m-module and finally GR to with I added bit bulky but optically excellent wide converter. In course of time my A50 module broked down followed by GR.
Recently I use beside Ricohs Fuji X-E3 camera with excellent small Fujicrons, the combo reminding me most of RicohGXR. As I got older my eyesigh is not so good as before, perhaps I`m a lazy and bit impatient guy too relying often on AF which is of course much faster then GXR.
Still old cameras and their sensors have charm of their own and m-module with it`s offset microlenses to compensate for vingneting of Leica wide angle lenses has no equals, which is by the way, another reason to go into GXR as I have a array of LTM and m-mount lenses of german, japanese and russian make. Greeting to everybody Stanislaw

The ricoh GXR is a fantastic camera! I use the A50macro a lot and also the M-mount module with my voigtlander and leica lenses (it's a shame Ricoh abandonned the GXR line) ! Greetings Marcel

I already had a nikon Z6 with the 24-70 f/4 kit lens before I boight the GR III and I still have it, although now with the 40mm f/2. I reach for it when I am not using the GRIII and when I think I can afford tje kuxury of carryknf out the extra weight. I have to admit, I still love the images from the Z6 a lot :p

That said, since I bought the GRIII in Jan this year, I shot over 3k images with it and perhaps less than 50 with the z6. Says a lot about how much size and portability can matter more than image quality for a hobbyist street photographer like me.

I also brought a second hand Nikon J5 (1 inch sensor) in Feb this year and have had quite some fun with it! Funny enough, even though the J5 camera body is smaller than the GRIII, it is thicker and therefore less pocketable.

I always have my GRIII with me, but I alternate between two systems.

My main system is a Sony A7c with a Viltrox AF 16mm f1.8, Tamron 20-40mm f2.8 and Tamron 28-200mm. This is my main travel outfit.

My secondary system (macro, wildlife, family events, occasional sports) consists of a Canon R6 and 7dmk2 with the following Canon lenses:

- RF 16mm f2.8 STM
- RF 28mm f2.8 STM
- RF 35mm f1.8
- RF 50mm f1.8 STM
- EF 28mm f1.8 USM
- EF 85mm f1.8 USM
- EF 100mm f2.8L
- EF 300mm f4.0L
- EF 17-40mm f4.0L
- EF 70-200mm f2.8L
- EF-S 17-55mm f2.8

For video I use a Panasonic HC-V785 with a pair of Senal wireless mics.

For film (one roll every 3 years or so) I use my old film cameras (Nikon for 35mm and Mamiya for 120mm).

I work professionally as an advertising photographer - so my main camera is a Canon R5 (and 5Dmk3 as a backup). My GRII is for snapshots, occasions and whenever I remember to grab it as I run out the door!

If I am not using my GR IIIx, I enjoy it to use my Pentax K3 III and my Pentax KP because of the optical viewfinder and the excellent handling and usability.

Leica Q2 monochrom. I cut my teeth shooting landscapes with a fixed 28mm perched on a tripod thanks to the amazing GR3 and that paved the way to me taking a huge leap with the monochrom only fixed 28mm Leica. The GR3 raw files convert beautifully to black and white, but the Leica just takes monochrome image quality over the top. The files are huge and simply stunning.
I will happily keep my GR's for color work!

My GRiiiX is my EDC. I have 3 other digital cameras. A Leica Q3 which I use if I go on a short trip or photowalk, and an SL2-S which I take on longer trips with various primes and zooms depending on there location and I take that along with the GRiiiX for street. I also have a Canon R5, personal use mainly for bird photography, although I do have 6 lenses for it......my son uses it for his headshot work as well. I do wish the Q3 was smaller but it is a great camera for street with a small bag. I tend not to take the 2 Leicas together ,only as I did not buy enough insurance cover to have both out together away from home.......going to Japan in April so might have to increase the away from home cover!!

Most of the time I'll have my M11 with a 50 f2 or if going on a longer trip my Panasonic S1 with a bunch of lenses. I rarely use my X1D these days so its probably going to get sold sooner or later. Otherwise given how pocketable the GRIII is I bring it everywhere with me.

GRIIIX is my EDC.
Also
IMG_2073.jpeg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - RICOH GR IIIx
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/80 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 640
IMG_5898.jpeg
  • OLYMPUS CORPORATION - PEN-F
  • TTartisan
  • 25.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/200 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200
Olympus pen-F with Olympus 17mm 1.8, PanaLeica 15mm and TTartisan 25mm. Just when I miss the viewfinder in the GRIIIX. Guess which is which??

I use a Fujifilm XT-5, Fujifilm X-Pro1 converted to IR. I sold my Sony RX100 to purchase a used GR to see how it works; so far, I'm enjoying the experience.

My current Ricoh camera's are the GX100 and the GRIII, the former only retained as a keepsake: I did spend several happy years shooting with that 10MP wonder though.

During lockdown I purchased a Nikon Z6 and really enjoy using it with a mix of lenses, including a range of Minolta MD lenses attached via a Novoflex adapter (these lenses either surviving relicts from my film days, or purchased during my GXR M-mount phase). The GRIII is almost always on my belt and used for those moments to capture fleeting light before it is forever lost.

Oh, i use mainly Only the GR, got a new III just recently and trying to learn it as I sold the previous one when I didn't have the tolerance to learn it properly silly me haha. I only have a graphite edition X-T1 as another digital but I don't use it actually anymore.
Then a few selfmodified holgas and a 4x5 pinhole camera from that Irish guy in France as well.
That's it for me!

Hello there,
I am new in the Ricoh Forum.
I bought my first RicohGR II back in 2014 and shot a lot with it. Sold it in 2022 and bought a GR III. But over the time I shifted towards a longer focal length. Using my Leica SL 601 a lot with a 50mm Voigtländer Nokton 1.0. Recently I sold the GR III and bought the GR IIIx and love it. Now I am often out with my Leica SL with the Panasonic 100mm f 2.8 and the GR IIIx and have a lot of fun with my new set-up.

I shoot a Fuji X-pro 2 with various lens, an X100T (have the VI on order) and a couple of old film cameras occasionally. Bought the GRIII on 3 April and loving it so far. Image quality is great and the RAW files are some of the best I have seen. Just getting to grips with it so hope to get a few recipes dialled in but to be honest it's making me use LR a bit more and I should as I pay for it. The X100T got the most time out I think, but not now I have the GR. May change when I get my hands on the vi but I think the GR will be with my EDC.

In 2014 I bought my first Ricoh GR II. By that time I was also using a Nikon Df and a Leica M9.......Was using a Sigma DP2 Merrill for about 8 years, but sold it since the use of the Sigma software was a pain.....But after I have sold the Sigma, I missed it, since it has such a fantastic sensor......Changed my Leica M9 for a M10, but sold the M10 for a Leica SL Type 601 inn 2019 (by that time the SL2 was already released) ...... Sold my Df and got a Nikon D750 instead for my sport fotography......Sold my Leica SL for a Leica SL2-S but sold it after 2 years and bought a used Leica SL 601 in good condition.....in my opinion the Leica SL is a pure Leica (very clean and unique) the SL2 wasn`t the same feeling and also not so well built......Sold my GR II in 2021 and got a Leica CL, but sold it for a GR III......Found the GR III field off view a bit to wide and sold it for a GR IIIx, which I love.....For now I am happy with my Leica SL 601, a bunch of Leica, Voigtländer and Panasonic glass and my Ricoh GR IIIx.......

Back