GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

The Twin Tower in Singapore

forward

The twin tower 40 storey building was completed in April 1990 with 600,000 sq.ft space.
It is known as the Gateway Singapore and the architect is I.M.Pei & Partner.

Attachments

• EXIF
    Building #4.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 271
Hi forward...these buildings are fantastic....when i was in singapore i got some cool pix at the corners of the building with some great reflections!.....my pix are unfortunatly on film and i dont have a scanner to scan them :( ....well done for getting all of them in the shot....they are huge!.......im gonna try to find the pix im talking about and take a pic if it on my gx...n post it here....it might work?.....good shot buddy!

Got other pictures of this building with my other digicam, however the lens is only 35mm and
the great difference from the 19mm ultra wide angle of the GX100 can be seen easily in the above
picture which I took recently.

When the cyclist in a red shirt jump into the viewfinder suddenly, I snap away until the
red light turn to green and he slowly rode off into the distance.

Regarding copying your picture, put your camera in marco mode and made sure the slide is
again the light and as for print shoot it near a window where there is some diffused light. Would
be glad to view your shot of the same building. Am glad you like the picture Marky.

your pix of singapore bring back good memories for me!...i was only in your country for 7 days but enjoyed it so much, the ppl are so friendly and the multi-cultural aspect of the city is fantastic!.....we went to a night safari and walked for hours in the streets, going to the markets and drinking singapore slings!......so touristy but good fun!......my pix are on negs and prints not slides btw.....i am having problems with my pc at the moment so will probably not post some pix for a while, any sugestions on how to copy from a pic would be helpfull.....thx

marky":ff9fa said:
your pix of singapore bring back good memories for me!...i was only in your country for 7 days but enjoyed it so much, the ppl are so friendly and the multi-cultural aspect of the city is fantastic!.....we went to a night safari and walked for hours in the streets, going to the markets and drinking singapore slings!......so touristy but good fun!......my pix are on negs and prints not slides btw.....i am having problems with my pc at the moment so will probably not post some pix for a while, any sugestions on how to copy from a pic would be helpfull.....thx

The Singapore slings, ah! very popular for tourist especially at the one of the oldest hotel, the Raffles Hotel in Beach Road. Do come back again for another holiday and
you may be able to ride the Singapore Flyer or witness the Formula One race in Sept 2008. I am glad you enjoyed the pictures featuring the various cultures and activities
in this little island.

Now coming to the copying part. Put the original print, wipe it clean off any dirt and dust. Place it near the window or any places with either direct sunlight or diffused
light. Set your camera to Macro mode, ISO to 80 or 100. Shoot in Manual or any other mode you find comfortable with. Turn on the grid lines and set lens to 50mm or
longer to avoid distortion. Hold the camera 90 degree vertical to the print and press the shutter release button. If you want to copy more prints use a copystand.

Back