GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Soon I'll hopefully be an GR3x owner

MrMarcie

I started doing some photography in the 80's with a Canon T50. I just bought one again for nostalgic reasons. After that I had several camera's and someday fell for the gear trap and at some moment had to much expensive glas and camera from Canon. But I'm a amatuer and not a good photographer. So I had some Pentax camera's before the Canon and went back to that after the Canon. And bought a Pentax K70. A fantastic camera and weather sealed.

But I also bought a Fujifilm X100s in 2013. It is somewhat older now and slower and I want a camera that is really pocketable. So I managed to sell it this week for a lot of money. About 60% of the new price after almost 10 years!! . Quality is appreciated I guess.
I'm waiting for black friday deals because al the prices went up last week over here. So I need to be patient for a couple of weeks.

I was a little bit torn between the 3 and the 3x. But I think the x will suit me more.

Nice to meet you Mr. Marcie. I used to own a Canon 5D Mark II with a lot of Prime Glass.

G.A.S. Got me too. Switched to Fuji. Went through a few of those cameras.

Now I find myself with the best camera for the type of photography that I am passionate about. Street Photography.

I’m looking forward to seeing the results you get from the Ricoh GR IIIx.

So the prices stays very high over here in Netherlands. The GR III X is everywhere € 999,-. So I didn't want to wait any longer and bought it today online. I managed to get a € 50,- discount so that made it o.k. It will be deliverd tomorrow so I hope to show some work soon. And I'm already excited to learn the GR and work with it.

I think prices will go up over the time. All brands increase prices for their gear. The smaller the photo market and sales are getting, the more the prices will increase to stay profitable. This is not a Ricoh-only problem. All brands face this problem.

So the prices stays very high over here in Netherlands. The GR III X is everywhere € 999,-. So I didn't want to wait any longer and bought it today online. I managed to get a € 50,- discount so that made it o.k. It will be deliverd tomorrow so I hope to show some work soon. And I'm already excited to learn the GR and work with it.
Enjoy it!

Also at Kamera-Express it was 999 recently (1,099 for my Urban Edition). With 2 extra batteries and a few small accessories, the price went up considerably, but I think it's a nice camera. Have fun with it Z04 Carrot

Finally I got it a couple of days ago. But with the holidays, my accounting at the end of the year etc I could not play with the GR yet. Today it was a very quiet day and I just walked a round to get a feel for the GR. I haven't read the manual yet and need to watch some instructionvideo's online. So the shots are not good but just a test to get a feel for the '40'MM and the GR. Next time when I'm more used to it the shots will be sharper and the lightning as well. But as I said just a test, also to see the quality of the images. And that's already awesome. You could also easialy crop from them.
For the forum I had to resize them. I did no editing at all on any image.

Attachments

• R0000069.JPG
    EXIF
    R0000069.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • R0000123.JPG
    EXIF
    R0000123.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • R0000107.JPG
    EXIF
    R0000107.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • R0000104.JPG
    EXIF
    R0000104.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • R0000098.JPG
    EXIF
    R0000098.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • R0000097.JPG
    EXIF
    R0000097.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • R0000088.JPG
    EXIF
    R0000088.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • R0000077.JPG
    EXIF
    R0000077.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • R0000074.JPG
    EXIF
    R0000074.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
This was a picture I made I guess in 1988 or 1989 in Venezuela. I had my Canon T50 ( I Just bought one online couple of months ago for nostalgic reasons) then, my first DSLR. This is the first time I took a picture in my life (and it was still in the film days) that I knew it would be good, and I think it was. Because then we still had to wait before we went home from holiday and then let it develop and print. I still like this image. And I need to find the negative so I can scan it and make a real nice reproduction.This picture is faded now because it's over 30 years old.
venezuela-1988a.jpg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - RICOH GR IIIx
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/8 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 250

Last edited:
Back