GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Sensor Dust Removal

That’s a good question. I’ve been using the NISI adapter, squarehood and filter since I saw some dust there at f16…It can be removed on post production in eg. Lightroom. But perhaps there’s a way to deal with it besides sending it to the shop on warranty, as the problem will come back.
1671781044743.png
Here it’s with the original GR adapter:

But there are interesting attempts as below. I’ve not yet got round to trying this shake shake method.

That’s a good question. I’ve been using the NISI adapter, squarehood and filter since I saw some dust there at f16…It can be removed on post production in eg. Lightroom. But perhaps there’s a way to deal with it besides sending it to the shop on warranty, as the problem will come back.
View attachment 230
Here it’s with the original GR adapter:

But there are interesting attempts as below. I’ve not yet got round to trying this shake shake method.

Thanks for the info. Haha, that second video.

After a few months of intense use I found four specs visible on the sky or white background photos taken with F16 through to F11. It can be easily removed in Lightroom or other app. But I started using the nisi adapter plus filter and hood because I do some landscape photography and it does bother me if it was to get worse.

Due to rectracting lens system of GR I always used GA-2 adopter with filter on when photographing in inclement weather conditions, especially with wind blowing, be it in rain or on the beach, something I recoomment to everybody. Unfortunately, dust will get in but I should be less a problem with IBIS and sonic cleaning.

Back