GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Selfmade viewfinder for GRD

Kamil

Hi,

as viewfinders from Ricoh, Voigtländer, Leica etc. are often expensive and I was looking for a cheap way to figure out if such a viewfinder is useful for me or not, I bought an old pocket camera for film on ebay which had a 28mm lens, smashed the camera and screwed the viewfinder on the hotshoe cap of the GRD. Total cost was less than 10$ including shipping costs.
This is what it looks like:
300959549_3b25bf459b_o.jpg

It's maybe not the best, but it's clear, small and doesn't interfere with the internal flash. With a little training, you can also achieve a good matching between viewfinder view and resulting image, even without a lightframe.
Anyway, if you're intended to use the viewfinder primarily, you should invest some more money in one of the originals, mentioned above. I use it just in exceptional cases.

if you could, please explain how you screwed the viewfinder on top of the grd. maybe some more pictures of it. i am trying to do what you did but the viewfinder i got off a cheap disposable doesnt have a screw its just a box.

Hey,

I'm also interested in how this was made and from which parts?

I just got a used GRD and getting an external ricoh viewfinder would be almost the price of my GRD. this looks like decent alternative.

thanks

alex

Back