GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Ricoh XR 6 Film Camera, Help a girl out

scortes10

Hey everyone,

A friend bequeathed a Ricoh XR 6 (aka Sears KS Super) to me to bring during my semester abroad travels in Madrid. It has been a while since I have used a 35 mm film camera, so I toyed around with it today with no film in place. In doing so, I pressed the shutter and since the screen is black. The shutter is closed and I can't figure out how to open. I tried to bring back the lever and it would not advance. Then I tried loading it with film, and still the same thing. The only sign I have is that there is a red light on that appears even when I'm not holding the shutter key down.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

-Stefanie

scortes10":3280b04m said:
Hey everyone,

A friend bequeathed a Ricoh XR 6 (aka Sears KS Super) to me to bring during my semester abroad travels in Madrid. It has been a while since I have used a 35 mm film camera, so I toyed around with it today with no film in place. In doing so, I pressed the shutter and since the screen is black. The shutter is closed and I can't figure out how to open. I tried to bring back the lever and it would not advance. Then I tried loading it with film, and still the same thing. The only sign I have is that there is a red light on that appears even when I'm not holding the shutter key down.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

-Stefanie

Stefanie,

If you cannot find where the battery is let me know as I have a Ricoh XR 2s up in the attic, it probably is not that different in design. I can check the battery location - where it is hidden away is sometimes hard to find.

Tom

Back