GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Ricoh G600 announced

setvak

Ricoh has announced a new water-, dust- and shock-resistant camera, G600. In English available here:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0804/08042201ricohg600.asp

In terms of meteorologist, a "storm-resistant" camera ;) ... I wonder what will be its time-lapse settings; the previous outdoor models start at 30 seconds. If its timelapse starts at 5 seconds, it might be an ideal "storm chaser's camera". I just wonder why Ricoh also doesn't stress this potential of the camera.

Regards,
Martin

setvak":3jmy9uo6 said:
I just wonder why Ricoh also doesn't stress this potential of the camera.

I think you're on to something, maybe you should drop an email to Ricoh and point them towards this potential use for the camera. Could be they did not think of this and could improve on the time lapse mode. Hope the'll send you a free sample if this gets included :) .

VladimirV":oer7n5xi said:
setvak":oer7n5xi said:

I think you're on to something, maybe you should drop an email to Ricoh and point them towards this potential use for the camera. Could be they did not think of this and could improve on the time lapse mode. Hope the'll send you a free sample if this gets included :) .

I'm not quite sure what is the right contact address for this. I tried contacting them (on the matter described here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... e=27598707) using the contact form they have on their Global site - no confirmation, no reply - perhaps I did something wrong, can't exclude that. I tried sending an e-mail to their European Service (to support@ricohpmmc.com), no reply ...

So it appears to me that we are in Ricoh's eyes just a "crowd", not worthy responding... Or does anyone know a better way of contacting them? Perhaps Pavel? Or does anyone from Ricoh follow these forums (this one, and the one at DPReview)?

Regards to all (including Ricoh) ;)
Martin

An interesting looking camera. Non-extruding lens is a big plus for this kind of camera. Unfortunately, even this new camera is equipped with rather useless 0.5EV bracketing. But there is something I really don't like to see in this new Ricoh. G600 got smaller sensor (and with higher pixel count) than its predecessor. I'm sorry but this is really silly! I'm not scared about noise. I like the noise in photos. But the impact on dynamic range and NR smoothing combined with excessive sharpening is a serious disappointment in R8. Why should be the G600 another? I'm sorry to be negative, but these smaller and smaller sensors introduced every year (and with increased pixel count) makes me really unhappy :( PLEASE, SOMEONE STOP THIS MADNESS!!!

setvak":2qpj9xrq said:
VladimirV":2qpj9xrq said:
setvak":2qpj9xrq said:

I'm not quite sure what is the right contact address for this. I tried contacting them (on the matter described here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... e=27598707) using the contact form they have on their Global site - no confirmation, no reply - perhaps I did something wrong, can't exclude that. I tried sending an e-mail to their European Service (to support@ricohpmmc.com), no reply ...

So it appears to me that we are in Ricoh's eyes just a "crowd", not worthy responding... Or does anyone know a better way of contacting them? Perhaps Pavel? Or does anyone from Ricoh follow these forums (this one, and the one at DPReview)?

Regards to all (including Ricoh) ;)
Martin

OK, today I made one more attempt to contact Ricoh (this time sending it to dc-support@nts.ricoh.co.jp) on this, asking them to add 1 and 2.5 second intervals to their interval settings, plus stressed the question why they don't stress the great features of their cameras for meteorologists and weather enthusiasts ... I wonder if I get any reply from them this time, I got none in the past.

Regards, Martin

Back