GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Ricoh Caplio GX 8

roberthansjorg

I've got a Caplio GX8 and it works fine.
Trouble is I somehow busted the battery cap. The open/closing mechanism broke so I now have to
tape the cap closed. Can't remember how that happened.
I'd like to get another flash/battery cap from somewhere with the mechanism in place and working.
Maybe from a damaged Caplio GX8 where spares can be salvaged.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Just so happens I got another perfectly working Caplio GX8 via eBay for £26 a couple of days ago.
I'd still like to repair my original GX8 - so I'll keep looking for the parts I need.
regards

Much to my surprise I got another Ricoh Caplio GX8 via EBay for £25 plus postage.
The seller wanted £50 to start with. There's another one on EBay now going for £20.
So I now have two completely intact and working Caplio GX 8's.
I gave the faulty one away via Freecycle. Only the battery flap is faulty. Otherwise it works fine.
Someone responded to my Freecycle offer almost immediately. I gave them a printed manual as well.
Is it possible to connect my Ricoh to a battery pack, I've got a Lithium Ion battery with a micro USB connector.
The Caplio GX8 has a Mini USB connection point. That's used to connect the Caplio to a PC.
You can buy Micro to mini USB cables.
Any body tried that?

Back