GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Red rings and things

Tom Caldwell

Progressive growth from GRD/II -> GRDIII/IV -> GR

Panasonic GM1 as comparison

Left and right red rings are Ricoh oem the middle one is the Taiwanese version.

Tom

Attachments

• R9026047-011.jpg
    EXIF
    R9026047-011.jpg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 442
Pentax is known to offer K-something DSLR in hundreds of colours combination. This is a bit pathetic, a red ring for GR, big deal.
How much would it cost to produce a whole set of GR bangles in at least all rainbow colours and offer it for say 50 $?
It would make GR fashion savvy for one, to match the colour of ring with your dress.
And for the snobs I suggest kind of "Leica Limited Style" version . Solid 24 karat gold one. :eek: Stanislaw Unlimited
p.s. Ricoh, you owe me one for this fabulous branding suggestion of mine.

@Tom
Its rather surprising how small that GM1 is.
How about a side image of the the GRD IV and GR with the GM1 with 14mm f2.5 if you have that lens?

@Stanislaw
Only if it come with a a real wooden grip made from a the wood from a Galleon that sunk in 1590 in Bermuda. :D :lol: :oops:
riccadonna":2msrefle said:
I suggest kind of "Leica Limited Style" version . Solid 24 karat gold one. :eek: Stanislaw Unlimited

Not good the size increases though the reasons are clear. Nevertheless, the size increases...
As about the colouring, anyone can buy some paints (or borrow wife's nail polish at least) and make rainbow to their liking. It even might get some artistic value then.

Peter

thelps":2yn9ug0i said:
@Tom
Its rather surprising how small that GM1 is.
How about a side image of the the GRD IV and GR with the GM1 with 14mm f2.5 if you have that lens?
I was wondering the same after having noticed that the Oly-lens is f8 and had a look at the other m4/3 primes around 28mm. That 14mm f2.5 is 21mm thick compared to 9mm for the Oly 15mm f8 lens.
There is at least two small zooms as well. Though of course with somewhat slower widest aperture. Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ. 23mm thick. http://dpreview.com/products/olympus/le ... 3p5-5p6_ez
And Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS. 24mm thick. http://dpreview.com/products/panasonic/ ... 32_3p5-5p6

Back