GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Problem with Auto ISO [SOLVED]

Kaver

Hello guys, i've a problem with the GR.
In the day light (for street photography shoots) i use MY1 with these settings.

Mode: Av
Focus: snap
Snap focus: 2 meter
Full Press Snap: Auto HI ISO
Picture format: RAW+ 3:2
Effect: b&w

Continuos Mode: continuos
ISO Settings/NR: Auto-HI
ND filter: off
Dynamic range Compensation: off

ISO Step settings: 1/3EV
ISO Auto-High Settings: 6400/1/250
f Stop: 5.6
ND Filter: auto

If i make one or more shoots in the high light (for example in the sun) i can read on my display F5.6 1/4000 ISO 400.
ISO 400? Why that? Why not iso 100? So the minimum ISO is 400 and i don't understand why :?
In this moment i have this problem with all mode shooting (P, av, tv, tav, ect). ISO 100 and others work only if i move the adj button. I don't have any issues if i'm going manual.
Maybe i change some parameters before that, i don't know.. but how to set the auto ISO HI from 100 to 6400?

Thanks

Solved :roll:
Was a continuos mode ...
If the continuos mode is activated, you can't use AUTO ISO and AUTO ISO HI below ISO 400 :? Why? I don't undestand .. No info by the user manual. Maybe it's a bug with the latest firmware?

Again with continuos mode activated, multi-p auto exposure doesn't work and the self-timer doesn't work to.( but no problem for that).

I'm afraid, it's not a bug but "feature"! ;) I believe thath this kind of behavior is here since GRD. Simply, to make sure the shutter speed is fast enough even under less than optimal light, AutoISO always start at 400 (in case of continuous mode). The same happens also with other Ricoh cameras. I too would like to have an option to turn this autoiso "feature" off.

Sent from Tapatalk

odklizec":3h8a43wk said:
I'm afraid, it's not a bug but "feature"! ;) I believe thath this kind of behavior is here since GRD. Simply, to make sure the shutter speed is fast enough even under less than optimal light, AutoISO always start at 400 (in case of continuous mode). The same happens also with other Ricoh cameras. I too would like to have an option to turn this autoiso "feature" off.

Sent from Tapatalk
Nice to know that ;)
Thanks again

Back