GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Passage (ISO 1600)

This is a GRDII ISO1600 shot processed with Silkypix (DNG to Tiff) and NoiseNinja (to suppress the color noise). Added some grain with color based sharpening. There is also a B&W version, but this time, I think the color underlines the cold atmosphere better?

Attachments

• R0012113_1600_filtered_pb.jpg
    EXIF
    R0012113_1600_filtered_pb.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 382
  • R0012113_1600_filtered_pb_bw.jpg
    EXIF
    R0012113_1600_filtered_pb_bw.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 374
Whilst i generaly prefere B+W pix to colour i agree with you here, the cool colours set the mood well. i really like the jaunty angle of the shot and the person oppisite you is like a ghost watching your every move!......a spooky picture with lots of atmosphere! im not sure i like the grain though, a bit too noisy for me but a great shot!

Hi Mark and thanks for comment! Yes, it's noisy and this is why I like it ;) I have also a less noisy version, but it's not that atmospheric. The angle and composition was just a matter of a luck, because I did not framed it! I just walked over the platform with camera hanged on my wrist and just pressed the shutter from time to time..you know..training for spying ;)

keep up the good work...over here in england we need more "spies"....esp when the sun comes out! ;) ;) ;) , at the moment all the beautiful people are hiding!

Back