GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Need T mount style mount for telescope use

Jerry Brink

Fellow Ricoh gr users.
First of all, I really like my GR, however, I've run into a problem that I can't solve.
Question. I'm into astronomy and I want to attach my GR to a refractor telescope .
However, the GR doesn't have threads for a T mount. What do I do? Is there some kind of mount available that will attach to the front of the camera which will in turn allow me to slide into the telescopes 11/4" hole ?
Thanks for the help... Jerry Brink of Buhl Idaho
8/27/24

eBay item number:404040067771 to attach to camera, then a m49 to t42 adaptor ring or m49 to 11/4" adaptor tube.

hello Phil
Your information sounds just like what I need.....and thank you.
However, I'm having trouble getting anything to come up when I go to ebay and punch in the part number. Is there any name to the camera mount that I can also search?
Again, many thanks. I was afraid I was going to have to sell my GR because I couldnt mount it to a refractor..televue 102.
You might have saved the day....warm regards.
jerry brink of buhl idaho
jerryrbrink@gmail.com

hello Phil
However, I'm having trouble getting anything to come up when I go to ebay and punch in the part number. Is there any name to the camera mount that I can also search?
Again, many thanks. I was afraid I was going to have to sell my GR because I couldnt mount it to a refractor..televue 102.
jerryrbrink@gmail.com
hello Phil...30 days later. I need you're help.
jerryrbrink@gmail.com

Back