GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Long time GR user

thelps

Hello,

I am pleased to register here and hope to enjoy some conversations and images with you all.

I am a long time GR user after looking for a digital replacement for film compacts like the Contax T2 and T3.. It started when I needed good IQ in a compact body, I could no longer easily lug a DSLR, and film processing got expensive. I still own a GR Digital II, the 8Mp limited Blue Angels GR Digital I and a GR Digital IV. I've since gifted my GR Digital III to a family member. I have still the original APSC GR. I regret skipping the GR II but now have both GR III and GR IIIx Urban.

Most of my imagery has been made on GR cameras. Even some holidays I only took a GR or sometimes accompanied it with a Sigma DP2 or DP2 Merrill. At one point I thought I could sell all and just move to a X100v but now I think the GR IIIx would be the "one camera".

I am constantly surprised how good the GR optics are. The rendering especially on the APSC GRs is exceptional and when you see the images and experience the ease of using the camera, it keeps you coming back to them.

Tim

Thank you Genster, great to see you here, I missed all of you guys. I do actually miss Pavel and the site.

Who was Pavel, and why is he gone?

Attachments

• CC20FFE5-8C8A-4F26-8553-405C228177CE.jpeg
    EXIF
    CC20FFE5-8C8A-4F26-8553-405C228177CE.jpeg
    659.5 KB · Views: 12
Who was Pavel, and why is he gone?
As Genster mentioned Pavel was the founder and owner of the ricohforum.com which started early 2000s.
It was an invaluable resource of information on all the GR1 film, GR Digital, GR APSC, GXR and other Ricoh cameras like the R4 etc.

It was a very friendly place to visit, share photos and resolve issues with cameras.
Pavel unfortunately could not bear the cost of running the forum and we could not raise enough to keep it going.

There are some snapshots of the Ricohforum.com on Wayback Machine as here:

Hello,

I am pleased to register here and hope to enjoy some conversations and images with you all.

I am a long time GR user after looking for a digital replacement for film compacts like the Contax T2 and T3.. It started when I needed good IQ in a compact body, I could no longer easily lug a DSLR, and film processing got expensive. I still own a GR Digital II, the 8Mp limited Blue Angels GR Digital I and a GR Digital IV. I've since gifted my GR Digital III to a family member. I have still the original APSC GR. I regret skipping the GR II but now have both GR III and GR IIIx Urban.

Most of my imagery has been made on GR cameras. Even some holidays I only took a GR or sometimes accompanied it with a Sigma DP2 or DP2 Merrill. At one point I thought I could sell all and just move to a X100v but now I think the GR IIIx would be the "one camera".

I am constantly surprised how good the GR optics are. The rendering especially on the APSC GRs is exceptional and when you see the images and experience the ease of using the camera, it keeps you coming back to them.

Tim
Hola. Good to have you here.

As Genster mentioned Pavel was the founder and owner of the ricohforum.com which started early 2000s.
It was an invaluable resource of information on all the GR1 film, GR Digital, GR APSC, GXR and other Ricoh cameras like the R4 etc.

It was a very friendly place to visit, share photos and resolve issues with cameras.
Pavel unfortunately could not bear the cost of running the forum and we could not raise enough to keep it going.

There are some snapshots of the Ricohforum.com on Wayback Machine as here:

Does anybody has contact details of pavel?

There might be a possibility for me to rescue the old content of that forum or at least parts of it. I did that many times with other community forums.

Back