GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

June 08 - theme "SKY"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all who participated in the MAY contest! As always, there were many great contributions! Let's start with JUNE contest!

Theme:
Most of our photos are usually focused on ground level. But what about sky? It's also full of interesting events and stories worth to capture and remember! Let's focus your June entries above the ground level. But be careful about ground level happenings when you walk with your eyes up looking for the best SKY shot! ;)

Rules:
You may post one photo right in reply to this post. Please, do not link them from other sites! Use the "Upload Attachment" instead.
Contest photo must be taken with Ricoh digital camera (whichever you use)!
The max size of the photo is limited to 1024x768 and the file must contain EXIF! Please guys, make sure your photo contains EXIF! Entries without EXIF will be disqualified!

The deadline for posting contest photos is 30.6.2008 at 12PM forum time

Here you can learn how to upload the photos right in forum post...
http://ricohforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=56

Awards:
The first place (chosen by forumers via contest poll early next month) will be awarded by software license according of winner's choice. For this month, we can provide these programs (kindly provided by Mediachance) - Dynamic Photo HDR, PhotoBrush, DCE AutoEnhance, Pure Image NR.
And newly also license of SILKYPIX Developer Studio!

GRD2

Storm clouds

Attachments

• R0010304small.jpg
    EXIF
    R0010304small.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 2,239
Bizarr Sunset 30July2007 (4 Photos stiched with Panoramastudio, no more corrections/amendments)

Attachments

• K640_Sunset310707_02.JPG
    EXIF
    K640_Sunset310707_02.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,958
A very good there and already some great pictures.

This is the first time I changed my entry but after thinking about it, I really prefer this one.

Attachments

• EXIF
    R0010402.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 1,092
Quite hard to choose from my photos... :D The colours of this picture is relatively muted compared with the other submissions, but what I liked about this picture is the scale of the airplane compared with the vastness of the skies. Taken with a GX-100:

Attachments

• R0010296.JPG
    EXIF
    R0010296.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,857
Norfolk, on the east coast of England.
These clouds were out over the sea illuminated by the setting sun in the west. Took 20+ shots trying to capture the amazing colours. PP just lightened the forground dune grasses.

Attachments

• EXIF
    N0708_048.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,800
This is an evening picture in Santander Spain port. The colour temp setting was automatic- far too blue this sky, but I liked it very much compared to the streetlights, so I kept it this way.

Attachments

• _0011632.jpg
    EXIF
    _0011632.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 1,046
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back