GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Impression of Dream nr 2

leews2001

1361895660_8914c7c0b3_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leews2001/1361895660/

spooky, bird/ghost face thing going on here!.........foggy misty forest!.......hmm........hides!
....great pic...can u tell me how u did it?

marky":c61cc said:
...can u tell me how u did it?

its an overlay of 3 photos:

1) a foggy picture of the rows of trees
2) a picture of a eroded/paint-peeling/stained wall (yes i have a whole collection of these, the grd is really convenient to carry around for opportunistic capturing of beautiful textures)
3) over-exposed picture of a flying/taking of pigeon (this is a lucky shot)

basically i ...

1) cropped the picture #2
2) scale-down the picture #3 and reduce its contrast
3) Warm-tone picture #1
4) finally overlay all the layers together.

that is it!

Thanks Leews, what software do you use?....im new to all this digital stuff and dont really know where to start with the pp stage of my photography.....at the moment im using Xnview, i think it quite basic but is easy to use.....its free and came highly recomended.....i am getting used to it slowly.....i dont really like to do pp too much!

marky":ffaf9 said:
Thanks Leews, what software do you use?.....i am getting used to it slowly.....i dont really like to do pp too much!

Any software with layering will do. For me, i uses photoshop/gimp (mac/linux).

PP is just a means to the ends....

if the final product is effective, i'm ok with pp ;)...
else the pp will be very repulsive..

leews2001":eb84b said:
PP is just a means to the ends....
it is truth…
I always think about an “illustration” for a book or cd when I observe this type of work… a “different end”…
I prefer one purer technique in photograph!
But i like your work!!! ;)

thx lewws....got ant more pix like this?......i like to see them, but i dont have the inclination or "know-how" to make them...they are cool! and should be on the cover of a Black Sabbath album!

Back