GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

ICM at Night

Streettogchris

For any of those unaware, ICM stands for Intentional Camera Movement.

I love how you can get tac sharp images with the Ricoh, however; lately I have been fascinated by slow shutter street photography. Especially at night.
Below are a couple of images that I captured while leaving the shutter open and walking with my subjects.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2o45GM5]Motion at night by Streettog Chris, on Flickr[/URL]

Motion at night by Streettog Chris, on Flickr

Great stuff. Some time ago I came across this photographer from Croatia, I believe, Olga Karlovac.
I started experimenting and with the GR image stabilisation rotating or moving the camera gives very interesting results. I’ll attach some fragments below.
C866CB0C-9751-4CB9-8651-A9BADAD57A47.jpeg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - RICOH GR IIIx
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/3 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 2500

A866F476-B320-4FCC-B66A-53255B07333B.jpeg
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/2 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 1250

A0EE27D5-E5B7-467C-A0DD-A98C1A0421D5.jpeg
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/8 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

Very cool! Olga was the one that inspired me to do this type of photography. I found a video on YouTube. Your shots are awesome. I will have to try Black and white and see if the results are any better for me.

The thing I like best about this style of photography is, it looks kind of like a painting would look. The faces are usually obscure, and it gives the viewer something to think about.

Back