GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

How to see firmware version

steffmoes

Hi there

Just got my new (or rather quite old…) GR Digital I this morning. How do I tell what firmware version it carries?

Thanks
Steffen

Thank you very much, Kaver. I now see my camera says V 1.00 (in CPU1) and V 1.08 (in CPU2). Which version is the best (or latest) for the GRDI?

Hi, the GRD1 isn't hard to use. Personally i use it with B&W filter set to contrast +2 and sharpen to default, jpeg quality fine with aspect ratio of 3:2. I set the iso to 400, snap focus and i just point & shoot, simple. It's a killer machine for b&w grain shots.
I'm sorry but I do not know a beginners guide to using the GRD1 apart from the original manual https://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/support/manual/grd.html
;)

Sorry. By "post" I mean if you do any editing and post-production of the pictures afterwards in Lightroom or other kinds of imaging software?

Ah so, when i do something with photoshop cs6 + silver efex pro i set the camera to contrast and sharpen to default (0). Without post processing i set contrast +2 and sharpen +1 on camera ;)

steffmoes":i81xaotu said:
Thanks, Kaver. I really like your work on Flickr. Would you shoot that in "M" mode on the camera or how so?
Thank you ;) With a sunny day (near the beach) i prefer to shoot "M" mode (ussualy 1/2000, f5.6 not more with iso 100/200) because the light is almost the same.. 1/2000 is a very high time, i know. But the pictures were made by bicycle, so 1/2000 was fine for me ;)
For the other things i shoot "P" mode with iso 400
It's a great camera! Don't sell it, never :!:
Hope it helps :)

Back