GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

HELP with SUPPORT

axelpolimanti

Let me briefly tell you my story with Ricoh since I don't know how to fix my camera once and for all:

3 years ago i bought my first Ricoh R8, i fell in love with Ricoh and thus, last year, i bought a CX1.. after 6 months the software collapsed, i sent it to the EU center in germany, they fixed the software but the zoom didnt work anymore, i sent it back to them and they sent the camera back to me without fixing the problem. What did i do? i called them, explained they did not fix it and sent it back to them again, well.. they sent it back to me again not fixed......i called again, i sent it back to them and they sent me back a CX2 since maybe they couldnt fix my camera.. now, after 1 month I hace a CX2, this camera's screen broke down after 1 hour of sun exposure (in may, inside a bag....which shoudl not be a problem)..

i would love to have ricoh contacts different from the german office, I would love to spek with somebody who can help me since i just cannot understand how service and the new camera have been so poor.....

thank you for reading and helping

Axel

Hi Axel and welcome on the board!

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Despite the initial bad experience with Ricoh support, Ricoh handled it, in my opinion, very well by providing you newer model of the camera. As for the broken LCD, I cannot imagine the sun was the only factor causing the broken LCD? In other words, if the screen is visibly cracked (could you please post a photo showing the LCD state), it was most certainly caused by the physical impact or pressure, not just by sun. Are you sure something in your bag did not press against the LCD? You may try your luck with Ricoh support, and if you are lucky, they may fix it for free! There are reports about such free of charge LCD repairs. However, if the stars are not with you, be prepared for 119EUR fee. This is the fee asked for out of warranty repairs or for repairs of damages caused by the user. And cracked LCD (no matter if caused by impact, pressure or sun) is most unfortunately a user error. Just try to contact Ricoh Europe and explain them politely what hapend and how did you get your CX2 (because of previous bad luck with CX1 repair). Be polite and you may be lucky one more time? ;)

Thank you for your advice..
i have already written to them, politely since they always helped me at the end and they have been professional..
i don't know how to explain, the LCD is cracked, but not the outside, i mean, if you touch with your finger the screen you dont feel any cracks, they are inside and you can see them only when switching the camera on..
as you say it may have been some pressure, but in my bag there were only keys and a shirt at the moment and i didnt make it fall, since i knew there was a camera after months of struggling to have it repaired:)

ricoh replied, they are gonna pay for the sending of my camera and say they will repair it.. i will ask them to tell me in advance if I have to pay the fixing (but don't think so).. since in that case i'd prefer to buy a newer camera probably since i'm afraid this one may have problems

thanks anyway for ur advice!

Back