GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

hallo from tintifax from Vienna

tintifax

I'm Thomas, 57 years young and bought a Ricoh GR III a few days ago to have an all-time-with-me cam with a good image quality.

Approx. 40 years ago I started with a Zenith SLR, after a few years I bought a Minolta XD-5 with 3 lenses and as the Minolta-body was to repair/change I switched to Nikon because with Minolta I had to buy a complete new camera-System if I had wanted to use autofocus. Only Nikon did not change the lens mount. For the next 20 or 25 years I was very satisfied with Nikon till I got 50 and bought the really good lenses: 70 - 200/2.8 AF VR II and 24-70/2.8 VR ..... real good ... real expensive .... and real real heavy....... This equipment becomes much too heavy for my. It was no fun anymore to shoot Nikon ....... So I did a market-research and ended up with Olympus. At the moment I use 3 bodies with 12 lenses and 5 flashes (1 Oly and 4 Godox). I'm really happy with this MFT-equipment but I wanted a very small cam - and the GR III is approx. what was the Olympus XA a few decades ago......

The more I see what all the features and AI do or can do the more I want to go back to the roots of photography ... but not as far that I have to develop film;)

So a very very small and really pocketable cam like the GR with a big sensor and a high quality lens together with good b/w-modes are exact what I searched for.

Here is one of my first pictures:

20230526-TT000948 k.jpg

Back