GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Greetings from Greece!

vmattioli

Hi all. I have been shooting with a Ricoh GR III as my only camera for three years now. I swapped it with the IIIx as soon as the latter was announced. What a powerful camera to have in one's pockets. I started out as a travel photographer but family issues have made travelling nigh impossible and so I have been focussing more and more on Street Photography.
I'm currently doing a project where all my photos have to be taken at 1m focus distance - it's tough!

Hi all. I have been shooting with a Ricoh GR III as my only camera for three years now. I swapped it with the IIIx as soon as the latter was announced. What a powerful camera to have in one's pockets. I started out as a travel photographer but family issues have made travelling nigh impossible and so I have been focussing more and more on Street Photography.
I'm currently doing a project where all my photos have to be taken at 1m focus distance - it's tough!

Welcome to GRUF
I'm curious to see shots from your 1m project. Are you choosing to only shoot at a certain Aperture as well? Stopping down to say f8 or f11 should help in getting shots in focus. A.k.a more keepers.
Want See Pics

Hi, Strettogcrhis. Nice to meet you. And you too, Genster.

I do usually shoot at f13. It is so bright over here that it's easy to shoot fast shutter speeds and such apertures without extreme impact on ISO.
I am happy to share some of the project's photos, but it would have to be later on. I'm in the process of getting some professional critique on the project, so would rather wait till that is done before I share.

Back