GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

DECEMBER - 2012 - THREE COLOURS

Hi guys,
perhaps I should apologise for making this topic a little to tough to easily chew? :? It seemed like a good idea at the time...feedback welcome on everyone's general opinions on this!
Andy

Wiener":10c0gv7z said:
Hi guys,
perhaps I should apologise for making this topic a little to tough to easily chew? :? It seemed like a good idea at the time...feedback welcome on everyone's general opinions on this!
Andy

Andy, I won't take any apology, I loved the topic. As much as I love BW I think we lean on it a bit as a creative touch and this forced regular BW away to include other colour.
I'd be interested to see a two colours, four colours. It's a great idea IMO. It certainly got me thinking about how I could do this, which I need badly..

My problem lately has been the lack of vision (seeing images), enthusiasm, creativity and mainly opportunity.
I've been leaning on the gear-head side of photography lately which is ok but I like to make images.

I need a muse.

thelps":27qylzgj said:
Wiener":27qylzgj said:
Hi guys,
Andy

Andy, I won't take any apology, I loved the topic. As much as I love BW I think we lean on it a bit as a creative touch and this forced regular BW away to include other colour.
I'd be interested to see a two colours, four colours. It's a great idea IMO. It certainly got me thinking about how I could do this, which I need badly..

My problem lately has been the lack of vision (seeing images), enthusiasm, creativity and mainly opportunity.
I've been leaning on the gear-head side of photography lately which is ok but I like to make images.

I need a muse.
Thanks for the feedback Tim. Having set the challenge I almost ran out of time to make a capture! ;)
I find winter here in Vienna the hardest time of the year to be inspired: not just the cold and darkness, but also the flatness of the light...nothing to bet the blood pumping! I now have gear I want to try out so must just get out and walk and look and see what comes...
All the best to you and yours,
Andy

Wiener":3pgfmztp said:
thelps":3pgfmztp said:
Wiener":3pgfmztp said:
Hi guys,
Andy

I need a muse.
Thanks for the feedback Tim. Having set the challenge I almost ran out of time to make a capture! ;)
I find winter here in Vienna the hardest time of the year to be inspired: not just the cold and darkness, but also the flatness of the light...nothing to bet the blood pumping! I now have gear I want to try out so must just get out and walk and look and see what comes...
All the best to you and yours,
Andy

Hey Andy, I thought your idea was just fine. But on the gear issue I have something new coming today that will definitely change my photography.

Duane Pandorf":2qh5tehx said:
[
Hey Andy, I thought your idea was just fine. But on the gear issue I have something new coming today that will definitely change my photography.
Thanks also for your feedback Duane.
On the topic of your new Leica, I totally agree that small high quality image-making is the way to go: taking fewer, better quality images...but I also find myself missing the effortless series of pictures I used to produce with my small sensor GX100 (as I reminded myself in another post today). Think I need to pause to consider where I am at the moment, where I want to go in the future... ;)
Really looking forward to YOUR feedback though!
Andy

Wiener":23pth6dg said:
Hi guys,
Andy

Andy,

I thought it was a good choice - gave me something to think about for a new image and despite the lack of light (N Hemisphere) you can still take a good photo for the competition as your submission (and others) shows!

Richard

thelps":2p48k3fv said:
Blow-in":2p48k3fv said:
My UK friends will recognise that I've been watching too much QI...

Richard

We get QI here in AU as well, its pretty much prime time on the ABC in the middle of the week. Its well liked. I've seen many but not the MG bit.

Hi Tim,

There hasn't been a QI MG bit (yet)....I was referring more to my knowledge of irrelevant facts than an actual QI programme...while talking-up my absolutely fabulous (did we export that too?) submission.

Richard

Back