GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

CX3: Uploading computer to camera

harolnick

Unlike my old Canon Powershot, Ricoh CX3 has no method for uploading pix from computer onto camera (and I wanted to save some old Canon pix on new Ricoh camera) I was told I needed a "reader", so bought one, inserted Memory Card, and quickly transferred the pix I wanted to Memory Card in the reader.

But when Memory Card was re-inserted to Ricoh, no "saved" pix could be seen. I Tech guy told me I had to rename computer pictures to "RIMG****" (The **'** meaning four digits, like RIMG1111). I did this, with the same result. Pix are on the Memory Card, but they cannot be read by the camera itself. Another suggestion was that I put low four-digit numbers after the RIMG, but that too does no good. The pix are on the memory card, but Ricoh cannot read them.

Finally, I took a quick picture, downloaded it to computer, deleted it from camera, and tried to upload it directly back to the camera. No luck.

Any suggestion??

Hi harolnick and welcome on the board! I'm afraid, Ricoh cameras requires Ricoh photos with intact EXIF data. So the only way how to display photos from PC back in camera is to load the files in their unedited form. I'm afraid, Ricoh cameras will not show Canon photos without Ricoh EXIF.

Thanks so much for such a quick answer. Alas, I don't know what "EXIF" is, but I will do some research to find out. Still, when I took a picture on Ricoh, uploaded it to computer, deleted it from camera and then tried to upload it back--nothing touched or edited---it didn't appear on the camera.

However, I will plug away.

Is there any way to put Ricoh EXIF on an ordinary photo taken with Canon Powershot?

Many thanks,
Harry

Back