GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

B+W filter......GRRRRRR!

marky

ok....so today i received my uv filter......(3 days after i ordered it for next day delivery!......UK post sucks sometimes!).....and imagine my horror to find the thread on the filter is'nt the same as the thread on he HA-2!......it wont screw onto the hood!.......annoyed and confused!...RICOH & B+W take note!, will have to send the filter back....lets hope it wont take so long to get back from where it came!......FFS

Sorry for the interruption, what is the thread size on the HA-2
and what is the thread size of the filter you ordered?

but then i might get vignetting.......im sure thats not spelt right but you know what i mean......and I have a cir polarizer coming which was not i stock....the filter is the right size its just that the threads do not match...the thread on the HA-2 is wider than the very thin thread on the filter......also ive never heard of a 43mm-43mm step up ring?

Forward.......they are both 43mm......but they dont fit each other!

Attachments

• B+W.jpg
    EXIF
    B+W.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,989
so i returned the B+W filters and bought hoya which fit perfectly.....its the pitch of the thread which dosnt match on the filters....on the hoya filthers the pitch is .75.....im not sure what it is on b+w but they dont fit...please be aware of this when buying filters....i thought they where al the same.....!

marky":1bb1e said:
so i returned the B+W filters and bought hoya which fit perfectly.....its the pitch of the thread which dosnt match on the filters....on the hoya filthers the pitch is .75.....im not sure what it is on b+w but they dont fit...please be aware of this when buying filters....i thought they where al the same.....!

Hi Marky, Can you show us a picture of the camera with the Hoya filter on the HA-2? Guess it would give
other members an idea or an example of how to fit a PL, UV or any other filter.

Re: CPOL on the HA-2

mikl k":9c16d said:
I'm not Marky, but I can show you the POL filter on the HA-2.

Wonderful Mikl K, is that so simple, just get a Hoya 43mm size filter and attach it to the HA-2?
Now am thinking of getting my 52mm filters on it. I'll need a 43-52 step up ring, am I correct?
Thanks for the picture Mikl k.

Hi all...Mikl thx for posting the pic for me!...my pol filter dosnt have the numbers like yours!, i havent even had time to use it yet!.......Forward you do need to get the step up ring you mentioned, im not sure how this would look on your cam, but it dosnt matter if the images are better!...M

marky":27jiqc6m said:
ok....so today i received my uv filter......(3 days after i ordered it for next day delivery!......UK post sucks sometimes!).....and imagine my horror to find the thread on the filter is'nt the same as the thread on he HA-2!......it wont screw onto the hood!.......annoyed and confused!...RICOH & B+W take note!, will have to send the filter back....lets hope it wont take so long to get back from where it came!......FFS

I use a B+W MRC UV 43mm filter with my HA-2 adapter/hood and it fits quite normally.

Attachments

• bw43uvgx100.jpg
    EXIF
    bw43uvgx100.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 279
hi there!....i guess the pitch must be different in the U.S. or on your filters(mine were not MRC.....just standard pol and UV.)
happy shooting and im glad you did'nt have too go through the hassle i did while trying to exchange the filters over the internet...explaining to someone who didnt reallly understand what i was talking about....thx for sharing!

Back