GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Anyone still using the GXR

I recently sold mine, complete with M-mount. It simply wasn't getting any use any more. Looking through my photo archives, many of my favourite photos came from this and the 28mm & 50mm macro modules.

No, but occasionally use its cousin, the GX200. Poor low light performance, but still useful for outdoor activities where there's a risk of damage.

As with @Genster, I'd have liked to find the right deal on an M-mount module.

It's funny you ask. Yes. Just because of the M mount. My go to camera was always the GX100, but its now the GXR with M mount just to plug all the other lenses on.
Would love to see Ricoh continue the GXR. But I feel at some stage I'm going to have to go Pentax full frame. Just to keep playing with all my lenses.

Having started screening my Flickr images on a Samsung Art screen I've realised that so many of my best images turn out to have been taken on my GXR M mount with he Voigtlander 35mm 1.4, so I've just charged up the GXR to dust it off and head out. I'm also going to see if I can emulate in camera on my Sony, with the Voightlander, the look of the M Mount files. Anyone know how?

I like my Ricoh GXR and use it, with the m-mount module. (I have two, I bought a second when a local seller sold me one at a low price a few years ago). Here with a 40mm voigtlander heliar and leather case from leicatime. 12Mpix is enough for me, and sharpness is perfect...

Attachments

• gxr-m02.jpg
    EXIF
    gxr-m02.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 13
  • gxr-m01.jpg
    EXIF
    gxr-m01.jpg
    678.1 KB · Views: 12
I still have my two GXR with m-modules. When my A50 broke I missed it a lot especially optical quality. Only con was slow AF. Then I saw used Fuji XF 35/2 WR, I loved the form reminding me leica ones. Got an X-E2 and voila a fast AF for those occasions. Still when I see b/w results from Ricoh and a grain at 3200 ISO reminding me of film, I must admit that GXR has a soul. Of course m-modul sensor was designed with off set microlenses to counter vigneting. I can use my old Voight Heliar 15/4,5 with no color vigneting while on Fuji it`s useless. There`s a trend using old digital cameras having their unique qualities not measured in Mpx or high ISO and certainly Ricoh GXR belongs to them.

Back