GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

3rd party battery?

Tom K.

I will be receiving my new Ricoh GR tomorrow. I would like to buy a 3rd party battery to use with it as a backup. I have been confused by reading other forums as to what fits and what doesn't.

Could someone here please advise and if possible link me to a battery that works with the new GR?

I would be most grateful.

Thank you,
Tom K.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomkaz/

Wasabi DB65 clone from Blue Nook via Amazon should work. I have had them twice from them, and I use them in both my GR and DP2m (which uses same battery).

Do note, one time I bought from a different vendor on Amazon that titled it DB65, but the battery was actually NP-50 (which is very similar but for Fuji).
When I looked at the actual image of the image I could see it showed NP50 despite the listing title.

In this image the battery clearly says DB65-- it should be good.

wogg":2z9x9gc0 said:
Wasabi DB65 clone from Blue Nook via Amazon should work. I have had them twice from them, and I use them in both my GR and DP2m (which uses same battery).

Thank you wogg.

wogg":3to1nkg4 said:

Thank you wogg.

wogg":3jibpbxd said:

Thank you wogg.

wogg":15gdtqkl said:

Thank you wogg.

wogg":32a93b68 said:

Thank you wogg.

Batteries were delivered. They work perfectly. Fit perfectly. The charger is a big plus too. Thank you for the help folks.

I can't find any wasabi db-65 battery for my GR. It's only available on amazon.com
Any ideas for Europe?
Thanks

The DB-65 battery for the Ricoh GR is rated at 3.6V @ 1250mAh while the Wasabi replacement battery is rated at 3.6V @ 1400mAh. what is the effect if the amount of current is in excess of that of the requirement for the GR which is only 1250mAh?

ronrag":nxi5kidn said:
The DB-65 battery for the Ricoh GR is rated at 3.6V @ 1250mAh while the Wasabi replacement battery is rated at 3.6V @ 1400mAh. what is the effect if the amount of current is in excess of that of the requirement for the GR which is only 1250mAh?

mAh ist not the amount of current its just the amount of capacity. Important ist the voltage, but here its the same, 3.6V.
So the Wasabi seems to be a good deal because it has more capacity for less price. But keep in mind, that this is just theory. The question is, what is the real capacity and how long will the battery reach this value.

Edit: 1400mAh means that the battery delivers 1400mA for one hour or 140mA for 10 hours or 70mA for 20 hours and so on.

Back