GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Your street settings?

sparx

I know there are as many settings as there are people who shoot street, day and night, but I am curious what yours are for the GRD IV.
I am coming off a Canon S95, not the best because of shutter lag, but this is what I used for this camera with pretty good success: shutter 1/250; B&W; ISO 800; autofocus; L&F JPEG and 16:9 aspect.
I intend to use snap mode with the new IV (that's one reason I bought it) and set the focus 5 to 10 feet.
What do you use? Thank you.

Sparx, I'll do this from memory as the camera is away on vacation.
When it gets home tonight, I'll update.

I have.....
Auto ISO most times.
M mode ... I choose Aperture/ Shutter. The meter is deadly accurate.
My screen shows B&W but I do raw. You have to do raw + jpeg to get the screen B&W.
I use snap mode most times and use ...

Hyperfocal Distance
4.0 4.9' 1.5M
5.6 3.28' 1.0M
8.0 2.4' .76M
11.0 1.7' .54M

f/5.6 and 1 Meter.... I don't know what meters are but everyone says to use it.
I have snap distance at the lower button. This makes it very easy to change snap distance and thus f/stop quickly.

Snap/AF should be on the left 4 way controller.

I'm sorry I can't name the function buttons etc. the camera is a part of my DNA and thus very intuitive. I don't need to remember names etc... I just use it.

Get ISO on the last right of the jog dial on the rear.
I'll post more if ya need it....
Oh.... Get the 21 adapter and mount.
It's the best 21mm out there and beats my Leica...

Don
ps.. We can talk on the phone or Skype if that will help.

I mainly use manual focus mode set at 3 metres, and have this programmed into "MY1".

I guess I'm a bit lazy and tend to use P mode which seems to work OK. Normally use AUTO ISO as well.

Back