GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Verdict on my GRD

Lili

I adore this camera, fast to operate, superb controls. Stunningly sharp lens, even with the Gw-1 21mm adapter lens.
So much so that I just gave my Fujifilm F31fd to my best friend for her birthday.
I will try the new firmware tonight, BTW.
Happy Thanksgiving to all the US folks and Happy Thursday to all the rest :)

Nice to see you like it so much Lily! It's especially nice to see the noiseless Fuji has been beaten by "noisy" GRD! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all US forumers! It would be nice to see some of your holiday photos! ;)

Pavel,
The Fuji is very good for what it is; a high quality JPEG-only point and shoot.
The level of control offered by the 'noisy' GRD has spoiled me tho.
I can set virtually every image parameter.
Simple
Quick
Sharp
Like a Razor
;)

hi everyone

I have a question about the GRD

this is about the sound of the focus, not the pixel "noise" , i am just talking about audible noise.

for me it's important to have a silent cam , with a fast shooting and a good quality, that's why i like the ricoh GRD, among other criteria.

but, i am little dissapointed by the sound of the automatic focus. Also, the tool of manual focus, that Lili is talking about in another post, produces an awful sound ! Just opening my GRD make a little annoying sound.

of course, if i simply take a picture in MF , without changing focus, the cam is almost silent, and it's great !

is it only on my GRD ? or what

thanks for your answer , and it does not mean i want to sell my grd !

Hi Cornut and welcome here! I'm afraid, the bad news is that the GRD is a very noisy camera. The good news is that there is a significant improvement in level of audible noise in GRDII. I know this is probably not a solution for you. But I thought you would like to know about this "audible" improvement in GRDII ;)

Back