GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Unknown connector in GXR

riccadonna

After two years of GXR use I`ve discovered recently a connector that`s not described in manual even if it`s marked on camera drawing. Any idea what`s it for and what type of cable it`s ment. Thanks

Attachments

• R0035307.JPG
    EXIF
    R0035307.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 539
Thank you so much Tim. Isn`t it strange in the manual they didn`t mark it as a connector for a future accessories?
And, buuh Ricoh. You delighted me with your concept and at the same time disappoint a bit by not producing extras the camera was prepared for.
For example, it would be wonderful to have optional attachment using that mysterious connector, that had Wi-Fi for remote camera control includind cordless flash triggering of redesigned GF-1. Stanislaw
p.s. Maybe it`s X-mas coming tha makes me dream about coming gifts. :p

I believe we discussed this connector in the past? It could be either for "future" accessories, like grip, or it's just for diagnostic purposes? I wish I'm wrong, but my feeling is that the days of the GXR are counted. So I would not expect any "future" accessory for the GXR.

Pavel, that would be a shame. Should Ricoh drop the GXR idea, even if I`ll stick to what I invested in, they should know that, beside GR, they`ll have nothing to offer beside Pentax DSLR line, which is another ballgame. The rest will be a big disappointment. Stanislaw

Back