GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

The Grande Bouffe by riccadonna

riccadonna

That`s why I love to have beside my GR, a GXR with a set of miniscule lenses which I can carry in my vest. In this case a Tele-Elmarit 2,8/90 was a tiny god sent saviour. Summicron 2/50 which I carry too was to wide and my just in case lens Tele-Elmar 4/135 was to dark and tight. Zoom anyone, well an APS-C zoom with 2.8 the size of Tele-Elmarit?! Just have a look at Fujinon 2.8-4/50-140 and you`ll understand what I`m talking about. Stanislaw

Attachments

• R0037938web.jpg
    EXIF
    R0037938web.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 269
I can see from the half-Labrador that you did not hire and set up actors for this shot... ;)
You certainly framed and captured the moment well!
I've never tried much Leica I must confess...but a 2.8/90 does have quite an appeal, particularly when I see the quality of the image at ISO1600.
All the best,
Andy

quester, no they were not aware, I stood at top of stairs with my back to them,keeping camera close to my right arm, barely seeing the framing ( here I would love articulate LCD ) and fired of when the up and down constantly going people ( metro station you know ) cleared the shot. After few shots I was on the way away when I noticed charity mobile kitchen people, one of them going down the stair with two bowls which made me think of quick association. That`s the story, rest is pure luck.
andy, no I didn`t set up the scene, otherwise the technical quality would be perfect. As a matter of fact, I shot few other frames of the scene which were more in focus and less shaken but this one says it what I had in mind.

Back