GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

The Birds

Lili

I took my lunch time walk around work, K100Ds in hand with a 50mm lens in tow.
I had just made some forgettable shots of the fields to the North when I saw a wisp of black smoke coming toward me.
Fast.
And not with the wind.
There was a rush of wings on the hot breeze and they were on me.
3807513794_843e04dd7b_b.jpg

They came so close I could smell them, musky and feral.
3807513790_e7936d03aa_b.jpg

I recalled that old Hitchcock Film, but continued to shoot with my phone cam; my Pentax hanging forgotten at my side.
3807513782_a0b5b5c962_b.jpg

T-Mobile MyTouch

Very spooky Lili. What's great is the absence of people. Just birds, some forgotten cars but no people at all. Very apocalyptic. I only miss some open car doors! You know, to make the "apocalyptic" feel complete ;)

Very apocalyptic/zombie/living dead feeling as Pavel pointed out and the feeling I got in some of your other shots. Maybe a new "serie" here, something like "the last girl in Texas" ;) And I'm impressed that your phone camera could capture what has to have been pretty fast moving objects this sharp.

Grus74":3vaveapq said:
Very apocalyptic/zombie/living dead feeling as Pavel pointed out and the feeling I got in some of your other shots. Maybe a new "serie" here, something like "the last girl in Texas" ;) And I'm impressed that your phone camera could capture what has to have been pretty fast moving objects this sharp.
Sorry for the late response Grus! Thanks and that is a good idea for a theme!

Back