GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Stained pictures

vinzbaud

Hi,

My GRD4 started recently to capture a stain when used in high light environments. It looks like that :

f9 :

f5 ( not very visible but that's due to the light conditions, it can be more visible in others )

Also the f5 one looks bigger and less define.

My lens cover has a little scratch in the front ( the bright line on the left corner of the purple reflection ) :

But the scratch looks quite uniform so I don't get why it would only be a stain.
Also I tried to vacuum the lens without any visible effect, the stain didn't move a bit.

Do you guys have any ideas what that could be ?

Attachments

• f9-2-1280.jpg
    EXIF
    f9-2-1280.jpg
    884.8 KB · Views: 398
  • f5-1280.jpg
    EXIF
    f5-1280.jpg
    704.3 KB · Views: 402
  • ricoh objo-1000.jpg
    EXIF
    ricoh objo-1000.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 400
Sorry but it looks like shit on the sensor. Try to take a picture at the widest and smallest aperture. The speck should be least pronounced at f:1.9 and strongest at the smallest one.

Thanks for the answer. What you describe is exactly what happens. So it seems I have to send it to repair or something ... any other options ?

Agreed, it looks like a speck on the sensor. Some members reported a success with the vacuum cleaner approach - either sucking through the lens or through the battery compartment. But it does not seem to work reliably and always is on the owner's risk.

Peter

Back