GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Ricoh - the unboxing

thelps

Whats this? A package has arrived!! ??

Wrapping removed, a RED box? Looks sturdy, very sturdy.
hmmm what's inside?

Ahhh, that looks interesting

Yep, looks like Ricoh stuff in there

WOW. Thanks Richard (aka Blow-in), the GRD I arrived in super condition.
It looks like as new condition.

Finally thanks to Blow-in selling me his GRD 1, I can now have a go at the legendary GRD I. Back when I bought my II the I was still on the shelves. I bought the II thinking it would be "better".
In many ways I like this limited edition. Nice to have something that only a few could own!
Some results sometime soon!

Attachments

• R0010296.JPG
    EXIF
    R0010296.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,270
  • R0010297.JPG
    EXIF
    R0010297.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,275
  • R0010298.JPG
    EXIF
    R0010298.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,271
  • R0010299.JPG
    EXIF
    R0010299.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,266
  • R0010300.JPG
    EXIF
    R0010300.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 1,315
Tim

You are certainly going to get noticed.

If you know the "II" as you do then the original is just as straight forward and simple. Well ahead of anything else in its day the III/IV are completely different beasts in personality.

I quite like my little conventional black original, it wore up a nice patina on the grip and I just used jpg as storing the raw files define quick response as "anything else".

Tom

Small (Ricoh) world Tim. It is not that long ago that Richard was showing me this very same GRD whilst I was in Scotland. Now I sit here in Vienna looking at the wee blue beastie being uncrated in its new home!
Enjoy! And post a few? :)
Andy

Thanks Tom and Andy. I am looking forward to peoples reactions when using it. :lol:

Wiener":2vaawmb7 said:
Small (Ricoh) world Tim. It is not that long ago that Richard was showing me this very same GRD whilst I was in Scotland. Now I sit here in Vienna looking at the wee blue beastie being uncrated in its new home!
Enjoy! And post a few? :)
Andy

Now isn't that curious that the object is now elsewhere, I hope you got to handle it. :cool:
Its almost a "Ricoh round the World" candidate. :D

BTW: this camera is limited number 776. Make you wonder who got 777.

Tim,

Nice to see 776 again - I know the camera will be well cared for. I'm impressed at how well the packaging coped with its 12 000 mile journey.

Richard

Back