GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Ricoh stealing images?

Chang He

I'm a long-time lurker, but first time commentor. I just noticed this unfortunate news regarding Pentax Ricoh Indonesia and their approach to intellectual property laws. I love my GR, and the GRD3 I bought first, and still own. I was considering buying a second GR as a backup, and even toying with the idea of getting a 645 Z, but those plans are on hold until this is resolved.

http://blog.mingthein.com/2014/06/17/na ... -my-image/

Hej Chang He. Just take it a bit easy about boycotting PentaxRicoh. As it looks from Ming Theins aftercomment, it was a individual action of one web designer working for Indonesia PentaxRicoh, who thought that the very known foto blog personality using GR would throw some additional shine on the product. C´mon, the poor sod used the picture with Ming Thein signature! Web designer admitted his mistake, the picture was taken down but of course he should be reprimanded for not knowing the copyright procedure.
I do understand that MT is really pissed off as he makes living from his photography that`s for sure but expecting that top of PentaxRicoh knowingly accepted the unautorized use of picture is simply ridiculous. I side with MT and do hope that PentaxRicoh will soothe his copyright wound with brand new Pentax 645Z.

Back