GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Ricoh GXR M Mount and Pentax DA Lenses

RDM

There's a couple of Pentax K to Leica M adapters available now which feature aperture control, so the Pentax DA lenses can be used on the Ricoh GXR M Mount.

Does any have any experience with these lenses on the GXR (or otherwise)? Manual focus feel, etc?

By all accounts the optics are pretty good and the prices for the 35mm and 50mm at least are not bad.

Cheers

Rohan

Hey Rohan. I wrote long time ago my wish list for future Ricoh GXR development. On top of it was a m-mount module with on sensor AF ability (dual pixel ) K-5 sensor and corresponding adopter that would enable AF operation with DA lenses. This would be a perfect back-up for K-5.
F.ex. DA 15/4.5 on GXR, zoom on K-5. Beside 15mm only flat pancake lenses like 21mm and 40mm would make the sense in order to keep GXR compact size. Of course you can put just anything on m-mount but beside aforementioned DA lenses, only LTM and M-mount lenses make the sense.
Summing up if you already have K cameras with Da lenses then the use of aperture enabled adopter would be o.k. The results? Well, if Da lenses are good on K series they should be good too on GXR.

Thanks riccadonna.

I only asked in case I happen to stumble on one of the smaller DA lenses for a cheap price at some point in the future.

I should go into a dealer and check out the manual focus feel and throw, etc.

Cheers

Rohan

Back