GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Ricoh GRD III review - PhotoReview Australia

Thanks for info Tim! Fair review I would say? I think there is clear improvement in GRDIII image processing over GRDII. The pictures are apparently smudged at ISO 400 and higher, but they are still usable. What I don't like is the vertical banding visible mainly on left side of the pictures taken at ISO 400 and higher. There must be something interfering on that side of camera or it's just a wrong batch of CCDs? This issue is visible also in DPReview shots and many Flickr sample photos.

Pavel, thanks for ruining my day ;)
you are absolutely right about the vertical bending from about half of the center to left...never noticed it before you mentioned it.
Is this firmware fixable or does it require replacing the camera?

I'm sorry ruining your day rondo! This was really not my intention ;) To be honest, I don't have any clue if it's FW fixable or if it's a HW problem. I should soon have my GRDIII test sample so I'm planing to test this problem and discuss it with Ricoh folks. Of course, I will inform you about the result of my tests ;)

thank you Pavel. I am wondering if it has to do with heat up of the camera? The samples are not that consistent...Some high ISO samples seem to suffer less-or maybe it also has to do with the color of scene-darks seem to suffer more. Looking forward to your detailed report, and thank you for this forum.

Back