GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Ricoh GR1V, Slow Response to Shutter Button

imsilly

I have a Ricoh GRIV and I have noticed that even in P mode, with Snap focus there is a lengthy delay between me depressing the shutter button and a photo being taken. I assumed that in P mode with Snap there should be no lag between hitting the shutter button and the shot being taken. It's a weird issue, because it comes and goes, in an unpredictable manner.

I was wondering if this is normal, or whether there is an issue with my shutter button. I sometimes have to wiggle my finger over the shutter button, hold it down for a long time or tap it multiple times for a photo to be taken. At night using P mode, Flash-On and Snap the delay gets larger and often I have to hold the button for 2-3 seconds for a flash to occur.

Is this normal behaviour?

Should I deoxit the shutter button, to remove rust?

The battery is less then a year old, and I've only put 3 rolls through it.

Can a battery drain that fast?

I tested the camera again today and took a closer look at how it was performing.

Essentially in dark indoor conditions the camera was operating fairly well. Once I got outside in the street and there was only lamp light the camera stopped taking pictures, well it would take a minute or so of continuous shutter pressing to get off a single shot. I noticed that in auto flash and P mode both the flash red light and exposure red light blinked like mad. Indicating that the flash was charging and exposure was low.

Is this an indication of a battery problem, or just that the camera cannot read light levels in low light?

Back