GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Ricoh GR USB/AV connection

andymecx

Hi Everyone,

I really want to buy a GR but am unsure of something.
According to the user manual on the Ricoh site you can connect the GR to a normal (non-HDMI) TV via the mini-USB port on the camera to view pictures stored in the camera on a TV screen.
What I'm wondering is, with the GR connected to a TV in this manner, whether you can get camera live view on the TV screen and take pictures as well? I only need to know if taking pictures is possible, not bothered about video.
The reason being I sometimes need to use a little hand held screen as a remote viewfinder.
Thanks for any help.

Hi and welcome,

You pose an interesting question. Pages 26, 94/95 and 123 mention some of the video out instructions.
Page 95 mentions AV cable use in the caution section.

Bullet point 1 does not elaborate if they mean picture display is on the camera LCD or AV device?

the second point suggests that audio comes from the camera to the AV device so perhaps video does as well? Its all a bit unclear.

My guess is it does not do live video, its only for playback.
To test this someone will either need to have a cable or buy one. I could perhaps purchase one to test, might take a few days to arrive.
The only other thing I can try is the AV cable (supplied I think with camera) and my GRD IV.
Anyone else tested this?

Back