GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

R10, trying to do street BW as with my GRD1

avidone

I just grabbed a very used and beat-up, but functional Ricoh R10 off the Bay for 32 euro-- fun to play around with; like most Ricohs has way more settings available than comparable models from other companies, availability of 2 "my settings" on the dial, along with the normal and dummy settings; close macro; "snap" focus-- SO, I went around trying a few things, but mostly set it at 28mm equiv. and snap focus, BW and tried to hip-shoot like my GR-D1-- it was easy to use that way, also easy to change to colour modes and zoom for other shots, HOWEVER, it just can't make the magic that the GR-D can-- I only got 16 real keepers out of over 400 shots, despite being in focus, the resolution, noise, etc. are already pretty bad at the iso 200 I used, as I normally do for these kinds of shots with the GR-D

OK, grumble over, I still got a few I sort of like; sample here:

Rose is a Rose by Asher Berry, on Flickr

Pause to Refresh by Asher Berry, on Flickr

Bodyguards by Asher Berry, on Flickr

Caffe by Asher Berry, on Flickr

Savontempo by Asher Berry, on Flickr

Pretty darn good in my opinion. I like the style; no one is looking at the camera. Whats' more they all look quite happy and relaxed; perhaps because there is a new boss, Mighty Monti ;) .

I agree with Chris, the shots are very nice and well done.

@Chris: let's hope that Mighty Monti will solve something... We are not in a good situation.... :cry:

Yeah, agree, good series. And at the price of the camera, should it get lost, stolen not so much to worry about.

thanks guys... it seems to be possible to get SOME decent shots out of this little camera-- the GR-D has just spoiled me and I wish I could get something as good, but possibly with IS, zoom, etc. Anyway, at the price, it is at least a good "take anywhere and don't worry" camera

BTW-- here they are calling the new Prime Minister "Super Mario"

avidone":301at9yo said:
BTW-- here they are calling the new Prime Minister "Super Mario"

Hi,
Thanks for the correction. " Super " sounds much more appropriate than " Mighty ".

Back