GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Question settings

Genster

Does anyone know if (and if so, how) I can fix the focus and light metering on my GR3x not only for one photo, but also for a subsequent photo with the same focus and exposure setting?

Does anyone know if (and if so, how) I can fix the focus and light metering on my GR3x not only for one photo, but also for a subsequent photo with the same focus and exposure setting?
Use totally manual settings and snap focus then they will all be the same (DOF will obviously depend on manual aperture set).

With Nikon I have the option to do exposure plus focus with another button and the shutter button then only has the shutter function. Is that also possible with the GR3? This is very useful for cha-sha stereo photos (3D photos).

I don’t have my Ricoh near me but I have a user mode that I have decouple the shutter from focus and exposure. I have the FN button for focus and the Shutter is shutter+exposure. In "Shutter Button Setting", you change it to AE Lock instead of AF+AE Lock and then set FN to AF. That is back-button focus!

Thank @tonydeli7
I'm gonna try. I want the shutter button only for shutter function and the fn button for both focus and light metering.
Is that possible?

Back