GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Announcement Process and timeline: import of the old Ricohforum.com

dirk

GRUF-Founder
Dear members,

as mentioned yesterday, Pavel sent me the files of his old Ricohforum.com, which he closed in 2015. I am allowed to import all old content, users etc. into our forum to use it here so you all have access to the old content again. Around 3600 users and 65.000 messages.

I did some tests for this migration already yesterday. The old forum used a different forumsoftware and it took some time to find a way to convert that into a compatible software. But it did work out and it seems that all content and all users were converted into my testinstallation successfully. So far so good. Now it is time for the second step out of three steps

In the second step, I will start with the first tests to import the converted forum into our GRUF. I will start tonight (Europe timezone). Therefore the forum will be closed from time to time tonight.

If that goes well, the third step out of three will be done over the next couple of days. In that third step I will adjust the old forum-structure of Ricohforum.com to our own structure within GRUF. You will probably see then new sections and content popping up and disappearing again. So do not worry about that.

I will keep you updated about the progress here in the announcement section.

Best wishes

Last edited:
In the second step, I will start with the first tests to import the converted forum into our GRUF. I will start tonight (Europe timezone). Therefore the forum will be closed from time to time tonight.

Step 2 is finished. The content and the users of the old Ricohforum.com are now part of GRUF.

All sections of the old RicohForum are marked with "old RF".

You can immediately post wherever you want to. Z04 Pc2
Also within the old RF sections. Do not worry, this does not effect the moving of threads over the next days and the rest of the "housekepping". Nothing gets lost. Z04 Smiliebath

If that goes well, the third step out of three will be done over the next couple of days. In that third step I will adjust the old forum-structure of Ricohforum.com to our own structure within GRUF. You will probably see then new sections and content popping up and disappearing again. So do not worry about that.

Before I start with step 3, I need feedback from you, which structure you would like to have going forward i.e. which sections of the old forum you would like to keep as in the old RF and which sections shall be part of other GRUF sections. I am open for ideas and I will open a new thread about this in the suggestion area. Z04 Pc5

Important: All old users have been imported with their Avatars, passwords, Email addresses, PMs, Postings and photos uploaded.

For all imported members of the old RF, please use your old username and password to login.

If you do not remember your passwort, please use the password recovery function.

Back