GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Problem with display?

rad

Hello,
I'm new in the forum and would first like to thank you for all the useful info you guys give! And second I would like to find out if what I'm experiencing with my display is common.
Anyway, I always turn off my display and just use the optical finder,the problems comes when I change the aperture sometimes nothing shows on the display, I always have to press the ADJ button a few times for it to show.
I hope my explanation is clear enough for you guys to understand. Thank you agian and i hope you can give some help.
rad

Hello Rad,
What you described sounds like a bug.
Indeed, even if I don't use optical finder and never turn off the display, I tried to check if happens what you described.
So, when I am either in program mode or aperture on my GRD2, and when I turn the dial, then the screen appears for a short time, without image of course, but with the informations...
What do you mean "sometime" ? Do you want to say sometime you got a display and sometime no ?
Have you carefully compare the situations, and all conditions are same ?
Sorry not been able helping you more...
Best regards

Thank you very much for the welcome and your replies! Sorry took me awhile because I was out of town for two weeks.
Anyway, it doesn't happen often just sometimes. I have updated it to the latest firmware and I'm not sure if the problem began after the update or not. :( Not really a big deal, but if they can sort it out with the next firmware, would be great.
Thank you again.

Back