GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Perfect service from Ricoh

lucridders

Hello everybody. I was writing to Ricoh about the black spot I discovered in my photos and they answered as follows:
They will send a courier on their costs to pick it up and check everything right away and send it back in good conditions also on their costs. Never saw a company giving this superb service. Other brands can learn a lot from this.

lucridders":74543 said:
Hello everybody. I was writing to Ricoh about the black spot I discovered in my photos and they answered as follows:
They will send a courier on their costs to pick it up and check everything right away and send it back in good conditions also on their costs. Never saw a company giving this superb service. Other brands can learn a lot from this.

Ricoh will be glad to get feedbacks from happy or unhappy customers. They can continue to refine and
improve their products and give what the customers want. It would be appropriate if you can tell us the
country you are from so that the forum members will have an idea regarding Ricoh's services around the
world.

Did you write to your local Ricoh's representative in your country or to Ricoh headquarter in Japan?

I am from Belgium (special country, nothing normal here :D ) . I was writing to local service. Is a realy good service that you will never find with other brands.

As I wrote before, the service from Ricoh is superb. I was sending the camera to them, because I destroyed the LCD. They repaired it for a very fair price (even very low). Camera came back and I noticed the following items:
-unable to close the flash by simply pressing. Had to push really very hard at the left side of the flash to close it again.
-spring that is responsable for opening the battery compartment and the memorycard, was not opening completely anymore.
-a black spot on every picture.
-thumbheel was hanging when moving to the right = was jumping all around the icons on teh screen (thumbwhell at the backside)
So, I was doing a mail to Ricoh and they answered that they wil pick it up, check it again and send it back, all for free.
They have done this and in only one week I had my camera back. The most important is that is completely as new now and without any faiure. This is way other companies can learn a lot from Ricoh.
Simply perfectly done.

Back