GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Overview GXR leather cases - starter

triker

I've started an overview about the availible leather cases for GXR. Some information is missing, some might be wrong. Real live pictures (front, back, side, bottom) would be nice too. If that is possible I will consolidate all the information and transform it in a format Pavel could display here somewhere/somehow.

Thanks.

Siegfried

Attachments

• EXIF
    Cases_GXR.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 172
Here's what looks like an inexpensive case which arrived with the P10 kit I won on ebay. It's a tight fit over the P10 lens, but it's fine with the S10 unit and self closing cap which arrived yesterday. It's branded N.E. Made in China and is 44% leather, 18% P.U. and 20% 'pulp' ;) . It's actually quite well stitched, smells of leather, and has a sturdy steel tripod mount. Perversely, there is no strap, but I was thinking of rivetting a leather dog lead to it. :)

I've put the other shots in a zip file to avoid cluttering the page.

Edit to add: Here is what looks like the same thing - free worldwide shipping!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leather-hard-Camera-Case-for-RICOH-GXR-with-S10-lens-B-/330745270591

Attachments

• front-closed.jpg
    EXIF
    front-closed.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 2,006
  • front-open.jpg
    EXIF
    front-open.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 2,004
  • EXIF
    GXR-case-NE.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
Thanks Rog, thats exacly what I'm looking for.

I created a new template that is (more) clearly arranged and with pictures(!) - four cases so far. The rest will be following later. What are you missing?

Siegfried

Siegfried, glad to help. I doubt either of the A12 lenses will allow the case to close, not the one I got anyway. P10 is possible without a lens cap. I'm sure you're right about the brand-name - O.N.E.

About the A12 fitting - I corrected that to "fit as a halfcase". All the cases I know about are now described in the new pdf-file:

Prices in the list are guesswork (!), I haven't touched any of the cases (!) - unfortunatily.

If you have knowledge of other case, better pictures and/or further comments I would like to complete the file.

Siegfried

PS: My favorites are O.N.E. (because of the price and the availability), Squinno (but s/he can't make one for the A12 50), or the ulysses (best protection, but looking at the price and possible import complications that's maybe to risky without the chance to get my hands on it before).

Attachments

• EXIF
    Cases.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
I recently bought this case for my GXR. The problem in designing a case is that the GXR is not one camera but many depending on the camera unit fitted. This is an ingenious design as it allows any camera unit to be fitted. It is also possible to change the unit without removing the case. The downside is that while described as a half case it is really more of a third case as it does not cover very much of the camera. It looks nice and seems quite well made.

Available on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260980286585?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Attachments

• IMGP1083.JPG
    EXIF
    IMGP1083.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 1,911
  • IMGP1084.JPG
    EXIF
    IMGP1084.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 1,923
  • IMGP1085.JPG
    EXIF
    IMGP1085.JPG