GR User Forum

The spot for all Ricoh GR camera users

Register for free, meet other Ricoh GR users, share your images, help others, have fun!

Tell your friends about us!

Shutterbuger

Hello: I am a long time (read 50+ years), fairly serious, photographer-hobbiest. I am also a painter and writer (how I have made my living). I am a New York City native, but currently live in sunny L.A. About a year ago, I acquired a GXR with M mount to use with my small collection of Leica lenses that I purchased in the late 90s to use with my Leica M6 film camera and have remained unused in a bag in my closet for many years along with my film cameras. Most of my photos are either landscape, still life, or travel pictures, although I have been tentatively trying street photography -- I'm not sure the GXR M mount is ideal for that use. I would like to post some photos if I can figure out how to do that from my iPad. Does anyone use photos located on their iPad to post on this forum, or is it necessary that I switch to my MacBook Pro? I'm looking forward to sharing with you. Regards, Martin

Hi and welcome to this little corner,
This forum does work with Tapatalk -- http://www.tapatalk.com/ -- if you can use that one. It may support image uploading, its worth a look even just for browsing.
I have the Android version loaded on my Galaxy S2 so I'll give it a go sometime.

We have many M lens/GXR users here and they have successfully used the combo in a lot of situations.
As always we are keen to see any work you care to post. Even your paintings could be posted in the "other" section if you wanted to.

Hello Martin, and welcome here!
Please post some of your photos - I'd love to see travel and landscape shots.

Giday Martin, and welcome to the Ricoh forum.
Street, Landscape, Film/Digital, Travel pics & as Tim said Art work are all welcome here.
Sorry, I can't help you with the Apple appliances. ;)

Shutterbuger":3adx5eel said:
Hello: I am a long time (read 50+ years), fairly serious, photographer-hobbiest. I am also a painter and writer (how I have made my living). I am a New York City native, but currently live in sunny L.A. About a year ago, I acquired a GXR with M mount to use with my small collection of Leica lenses that I purchased in the late 90s to use with my Leica M6 film camera and have remained unused in a bag in my closet for many years along with my film cameras. Most of my photos are either landscape, still life, or travel pictures, although I have been tentatively trying street photography -- I'm not sure the GXR M mount is ideal for that use. I would like to post some photos if I can figure out how to do that from my iPad. Does anyone use photos located on their iPad to post on this forum, or is it necessary that I switch to my MacBook Pro? I'm looking forward to sharing with you. Regards, Martin

I don't think you can upload a file to this forum directly from the iPad. I have an iPhone and can upload images via SnapSeed to Google+, Twitter or Facebook. With the paid version of iPhoto for the iPhone I can upload to Twitter, Flickr or Facebook. I also have a Zenfolio account where my www website is hosted. They have an app to upload to your account online.

From either of these sites you can then copy the url link and reference that link here at the forums. That's the way I've shared some of my photos.

However, if you want others to see your exif data you'll need to upload your file directly to the forum here. You'd have to use your MacBook Pro for that.

Here's an example of where I've referenced the image from another website:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9724#p54544

Here's a link to an image I've uploaded:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9694#p54394

Hope this helps.

Back